74 Sienna

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hey, this is atlanta. didn't know we had any sienna here other than Sam's which just arrived.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is what's available for restoring now-a-days? What a mind-blower. Can those front fenders be removed and the inners replaced (from the firewall forward) and still save the paint? Hey, save the "patina" ;-)

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
hey, this is atlanta. didn't know we had any sienna here other than Sam's which just arrived.

I’ve been traveling the past few days. Sounds like I need to get home and check the garage.

If my wife was better at eBay I’d be even more worried.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sam, your wife could have a friend who know's how to ebay ... perhaps you need to be afraid ... very afraid

floridabmx

Reaction score
Love sienna on tan. Give me some gold BBS wheels aviator sunglasses a brown leather jacket and a pack of camels.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't see a lot of rot. Looks like just way too much seam sealer to me.

s-l1600.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I looked at my data and discovered this coupe was in the old paper Registry and has now resurfaced. I have 1183 of 3724 US/NA market coupes or 31.8% but that includes 358 from the old Registry. Without those it's only 22.2% which is why I believe only 25-30% may currently exist.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
View attachment 56109 Does it have two brake fluid reservoirs?
Ha! certainly appears to be the case. Looks like the orgional reservoir is for the clutch and the “other” one has the fluid sensor wires attached leading me to believe that one is for the brakes. Pretty dumb if you ask me. One of the good point of the orgional setup is if one of your clutch cylinders is leaking you will get the low fluid brake warning light. In this setup no warning before you lose your clutch operation all together.
Nutty.

PS. I know some like the color of this car. But I’m not a fan of brown. Sienna is my least favorite color offered, followed closely by Sahara. That’s just me?

Last edited:

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If it could be had for $25K or less just clean it up and drive it. My experience says once those outer fenders come off to tell the real truth (and the only real way to really know) its going to be a long, painful, expensive repair journey. Being a sunroof car adds to the liklihood - the bottom of the A pillars will likely be toast. I could be wrong but the quality of the fender repair makes me suspicious - I'm watching a lot of 80's/90's era shortcut repairs being removed and proper sheet metal welded in on my CSi. This is all conjecture of course, and I could be wrong, but I say the odds are there's a lot of rot issues forward of the firewall.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
nope, different coupe Steve. the NOLA coupe that was owned by Eddie Boatner was sold to Rick Starr in NY. i forget the car dealership that he has ... but he was a member here for a while