850 CSi on BaT

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Better color (imho), and after watching that video - I'm sold. The production value! And at the end they show footage of a previously sold 850 on BaT by the same seller?. The buyer pulls up, they chat with the seller (the actor in the video)... And at the end, the longing look from the seller as the car rolls away. PRICELESS! I am sure his motivation was something along the lines of "Goodbye sweet princess. I shall think of you fondly." Cue the tear. ;)

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
don't underestimate the complexity of those 850's.... and very expensive parts . I bought one just to go playing with a supercharger and see what we can do.
It's a fine luxe GT cruiser , not a sportscar …. way to heavy for that.
Nice detail is that all is double installed , so each bank ( of 6 cilinders) can run on it' s own.

but as i already wrote here once, a 850 seat is more complex then a complete E9 …...:eek::D

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice article in September Rondel about the new 8 model, with several comments about the e31. Near the back of the issue, there is a great article by a Canadian BMW technician who has always loved the e31, and praises it. The CSi is very rare, and has appreciated significantly in the past 5-6 years. (I'm hoping the '97 840Ci might also appreciate!! - ha)

And, I'm about to attack the 'seat twist' problem which is very common in e31s. After investigating procedures, I agree with Belgiumbarry.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
I made some progress with the supercharger…. and are at 416 HP/620 NM at 4700 rpm… thereafter curve stays flat . We are running to rich above 4000 rpm. So chip time this Saturday morning :D … but i like more playing with jets & venturis…. modern times :mad:

SAM_2719.JPG

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I made some progress with the supercharger…. and are at 416 HP/620 NM at 4700 rpm… thereafter curve stays flat . We are running to rich above 4000 rpm. So chip time this Saturday morning :D … but i like more playing with jets & venturis…. modern times :mad:

View attachment 62421

Make sure to post some videos when you have it chipped and ready ;)

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
be careful Stan... yes, you can buy one for 20K but than it only begins….. but IMHO a better buy than a 50K where they claim all is done…. ?
I bought mine for 20K ( €) and with 10K parts i'm "somewhere".... doing the work myself of course...

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score

View attachment 62421
Are you writing your own chips?
Why don't you go to an aftermarket management system like Mega Squirt or Motec and some others. Then you can sit on the dyno and tune as you go.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
No Gary , a tuner is writing the chips. I can read them and see the columns but don't understand it enough to write them.
Perhaps , if i have the time, i should study it further ….
I'm afraid it would be very difficult to match a aftermarket system with the dashboard.... ? And the Bosch Motronic in the 850 is a very good system but only "old school" for mapping. Open ECU , erase chip, write and try again ….