A/C parts

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
good luck way too overprised
this is fellow members remember not ebay
i pais 60.00 for both switches from a fellow member and 100 each for side panels
just sayin

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
what i can tell you is that 300 bucks for the 2 side panels and the switches is almost reasonable - low price would be 200 to 225 for those 3 pieces. the a/c + radio panel is in decent shape and that alone is worth 300 to 350 bucks min. if you were buying it from coupeking it would be 600 to 750 just for that piece.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
agreed ... my point is, if you use low prices - 200 for the sides and switches / 300 for the face plate / 50 for the connecting duct / 200 for the evaporator + base you are at 750. i know you want it to be less, but it is a reasonable number / starting point.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Faceplate by Markos $220.............

Hey don't drag me into this. :D An Aluminum faceplate by Markos is....$750.

Let the man sell his AC parts! :D Personally, I would sell the parts as a kit vs piecemeal.
Markos have great product, but you can't compare prices of original part vs replica or if you prefer aluminium vs plastic.

Agreed. Apples to oranges. The OP's face plate is within the range of normal for a pristine version.

agreed ... my point is, if you use low prices - 200 for the sides and switches / 300 for the face plate / 50 for the connecting duct / 200 for the evaporator + base you are at 750. i know you want it to be less, but it is a reasonable number / starting point.

I do this for my parts also, starting at the high water mark and working down. In my case I evaluated the high water mark for the AC kit at $1,200, and sold mine for $600 for everything.

This stuff is all in good shape. The price isn't far off the mark but the AC switches and the bracket are inflating the overall price a bit. The console sides, face plate, and squirrel cage aren't unreasonable. A broken side vent isn't worth much IMO.

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just checking- did you get the alternator bushings I sent over last month?
Are you checking your pm's?

coupedownunder

Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions guys... I paid that much for the faceplate 18mths ago ...I previously had a hacked one I had paid $200 for.. and finally found a very good one ... I had to pay the price if I wanted it .... this is the new reality ...unmolested ones with the print still intact etc are becoming almost unobtainable ... even coupe king , CN etc dont have them (but may advertise them for $750 etc) I appreciate your comments and honesty Markos ... To some others, Its always interesting to hear the comments from people who have "no skin in the game"

I have put them up on the site so members can have first chance ... And it would be better for someone to take the whole "kit" as they can do a complete OEM A/C interior... There are ways of doing A/C "on the cheap" if you want to with aftermarket stuff or bastardised e3 faceplates, non genuine evaporators, knobs etc ...all depends on the type of car you want ...for me OEM is the only way to create an original car (eg. valuable car) If I have no interest / takers I will Ebay the items

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did you want to PayPal for them?
Everything ok down there?
My cost was $34.00 US

Scott Wilson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Coupedownunder-

I think you are "spot on". Absolutely no reason you should not be chargeing what you are asking. I have been searching for these parts for nearly a year and know how rare they are. I also agree with you in terms of originality. No need to apologize.

PM sent

Scott Wilson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Caution on these old evaprators. They become brittle. I purchased one from a fellow member 6 months ago after a very long search. Unfortunately, due to packaging and rough handling by the Postal Service, it arrived completely shattered. The plastic cowling that covers the blowers and heat exchanger was smashed into many pieces, and crumbs. I imagine this is due to age and warm/chill cycles taking a toll on the flexibility of the plastic.

At any rate i have taken the time to glue the entire thing back together (rather Frankenstein) and will proceed with a thin layer of fiberglass (3/4 ounce cloth) and polyester resin if it will stick, or else glass with epoxy resin over all major surfaces of exterior. My fear is delamination under warm/chill cycles.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Caution on these old evaprators. They become brittle. I purchased one from a fellow member 6 months ago after a very long search. Unfortunately, due to packaging and rough handling by the Postal Service, it arrived completely shattered. The plastic cowling that covers the blowers and heat exchanger was smashed into many pieces, and crumbs. I imagine this is due to age and warm/chill cycles taking a toll on the flexibility of the plastic.

At any rate i have taken the time to glue the entire thing back together (rather Frankenstein) and will proceed with a thin layer of fiberglass (3/4 ounce cloth) and polyester resin if it will stick, or else glass with epoxy resin over all major surfaces of exterior. My fear is delamination under warm/chill cycles.

I also bought an evaporator from a fellow forum member and the enclosure was well packed, but still arrived with a long running crack and a broken tab. To survive the perils of the post office, these really should be double boxed with packing between the boxes. They are rare enough that they deserve such treatment. I'll have to repair it, but not as extensively as Scott.

I just got a speedometer via eBay and the seller used lots of packing, but didn't pack well and the speedo slipped out of the bubble wrap, evaded the balled up newspaper to rest against the side of the box and when it arrived, the chrome bezel had a large dent. It was insured, but I don't know if USPS will pay for the damaged bezel yet.

Ian

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I also bought an evaporator from a fellow forum member and the enclosure was well packed, but still arrived with a long running crack and a broken tab. To survive the perils of the post office, these really should be double boxed with packing between the boxes. They are rare enough that they deserve such treatment. I'll have to repair it, but not as extensively as Scott.

I packed my evaporator in a Styrofoam cooler. It fit perfectly. I think I got the cooler from parts Alan sent me. It's somewhere in the e9 ether at the moment....