A/C parts

OZCSi

Reaction score
Hi I have also posted in parts on a related matter, BUT can anyone tell me what interchangeability is available for E9 evaporators and also what has anyone else done for A/C in their coupes.

Really looking for the ultimate A/C set up.

Let me hear it guys

OZ

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
On my 3.2 (e24 to e9) transplant project I plan to not only use the e24 electronics (motoronic, etc) I also will likely use my AC with brackets and the power steering and hydralics as well as IMO the hydro system has actaually been quite reliable over the years and is redundant in ways that the normal boost system can't even fathom... certainly the extra pressure within the pulsing braided fluid lines (renewed) will power the standard wheel cylinders with a bit of authority that might be seen down there as shall we say, authoritatively positive?

IMHO the low-tech of the early AC units is almost insurmountable given the return output of air below 70 degrees and nothing is worse than driving say in upper Michigan late August mosquitos a buzzing... with a period correct Mark one (POE) unit from 1968 that's been incorrectly overhauled more than one once on board .... whose only function in life it seems is to put even more drag on the Coupe's motive power than the old steering pump pulley and therefore, while doing so quitely... annoyingly reminds you that that it's even still there in the first place spinning away...and someday very soon now you're just gonna have to wrench the damned thing off and toss it as far as one possibly can.

lol..

Cheers@!

Last edited:

OZCSi

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, it almost certainly has motivated me to blow a few holes in the doors with a shotgun, which will have a two-fold effect; it will alleviate any comments from passengers about the speed of window motors and obviously will have some effect on the cars ventilation system. '
Over and above this, I am confident that I can again return to the dealar for services, given that any owner who sees fit to improve the car with a shotgun, may assist the dealer with pricing spare parts and service invoices etc in the same way.

Bring on summer

Last edited:

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
IMO, even the dealerships don't know anymore...quite distressing actually...!

I did not know that hilarious comedians such as yourself actually still performed in your fair part of the Pacific ocean... I am overly relieved that future discussions on the merit of driving a Series II Land Rover and how they may indeed be superior to the the mostly plastic fronted bretheren... the Series III ok...might have been avoided this alltogether? Suffice it to say that a removable metal grille IMHO is far superior when cooking dingo on the trail...aside from the fact that the new plastic grilles intrefere with the left-handed starting handle mechanism most commonly used in RHD oriented countries....no matter....most folk take the idea of starting a car with a monkey wrench a bit too much anyhow!

You did ask for the ultimate AC set up IIRC and I do hope you did also get the gist of my 'angle' on BMWs add on Point of Entry air conditioning system, installed as optional equipment post 1971?. Perhaps you also detected my displeasure at conditioning air and having it blow warmer than the air being drawn in? Could there be any higher level of inefficiency on the planet?

No matter....

Since I have some amount of experience with AC installation, yes on many BMW's and I have overhauled my own e24 system twice in it's 150,000 miles of pounding the asphalt...oh and retrofitting US cars at summer break...a somewhat dispiriting task but it paid for my Calculus books, etc..

This employment involved putting the damned things into vehicles that are ready to be owned by and believe it or not actually driven in summer by folks a bit too dense to have ordered the same feature as original equipment in the first damn place....?

Really, if you think about it one in my position should just pack it in tomorrow and go into the shotgun shell dispensary and refilling business? Would I then be more appropriately called a 'ventilator' on hiatus or just a hack, running a gun shop outside of Waco Texas, with a slightly shady Canon film and lens outlet on the side? (literally on the side of the building)

If it's e9 AC parts you desire just name your poison...? otherwise we have a shotgun range out back and you are most welcome to visit and experience that most peculiar American tradition of shooting your own Thanksgiving turkey at point blank range... and if as you say, you CAN hit a barn door from say 200 yards (or even the door of an e9 twice in a row from that distance) you might just do very well in this fine Country of ours.....

http://www.freeworldgroup.com/games/turkey/index.html

G'day...!

Ran

Last edited: