a nice find from the seventies, kopf für kopfhörer

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
not a car, not a NLA NOS spare, but a lovely piece of furniture, yes, a kopf ! a head ! not sure if is a he or a she, but who cares...

--

it is a made in germany ceramic head for resting the headphones when you are not listening to music, dated circa 1975

a lovely addition to my listening corner, my grado's were laying around in inapropriate places, so this is a solution not only functional but stylish, IMHO

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
American iron

Cool find, I also love vintage hi-fi, my listening corner is powered by McIntosh from the 50's, 60's, & 70's:

IMG-20130625-00553.jpg

IMG-20130625-00552.jpg

Last edited:

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Steve O: a KLH guy?!! After all these years of looking at my VMPS bass-backed Jazzman V ESLs, you never said a word about KLH!! BTW, you sure the speakers are still working? No surround rot? No dead capacitors? Blown tweeters?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I always wanted Klipschorns but my wife said nfw. They sell surround repair kits, easy to do.

Steve O: a KLH guy?!! After all these years of looking at my VMPS bass-backed Jazzman V ESLs, you never said a word about KLH!! BTW, you sure the speakers are still working? No surround rot? No dead capacitors? Blown tweeters?

m_thompson

Reaction score
I still have my vintage 70s Koss headphones. I made my own speakers with Speakerlab components and power it with a Crown DC300.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
that mcintosh vintage is delicious, in my case the setup includes a cd reader + a DAC + a dedicated valve amplifier for headphones + grado 1000 kopfhören

from now on "fritz" will be holding them for me...:smile:

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
I always wanted Klipschorns but my wife said nfw. They sell surround repair kits, easy to do.

Boy, if anything killed the stereo business, it was women. My advice to guys who are planning to get married is to waste no time buying good stereo stuff.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bill, I purchased may first KLH system in 1967 when I started working in advertising. All my friends had KLHs. The professionally "refurbished" KLH system I have now has beautiful tone, newer KLH speakers, but Wolfie hears a tone and goes downstairs and howls. So we hardly play it, instead using a cheap DVD player. Sigh, what we do for our pets.

Steve

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, I bought it all for very little coin 30 years ago. I saw it in a small high end audio shop and fell in love immediately. The mono block 30w amps are from 1957, the scope and tuner pre-amp are from 1964, the other amp is from late 60's, and the equalizer from early 70's. The quality of construction is amazing and I love the warm tube sound.

Right after I bought it they started being all snapped up by the Japanese.

I just have a small pair of bookshelf Klipsh speakers.

The holy grails are the MC75 75 watt mono block amps.

Oh my Steve, Nice set-up. What Speakers do you have?
I'm a Pioneer / Klipsch kinda guy, still play vinyl on a technic

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Boy, if anything killed the stereo business, it was women. My advice to guys who are planning to get married is to waste no time buying good stereo stuff.
+1

I moved all my stereo gear to my shop except my headphones. Nice setups Steve and DQ.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I just stumbled on this thread; I should have known you guys would have good taste in electronics. I too am a fan of McIntosh; I am running an MA-6500 integrated amp and an MVP 851 for CDs. I also have a turntable and a Teac reel to reel. I would love to get a pair of McIntosh tube mono blocks and bi-amp my setup.

Despite the fact that I am married, I run this stuff through a set of B&W 802s. I got a great buy on these because they were knicked up by the prior owner, but they sound fantastic.

I used to keep my Beyer headphones on a ceramic skull named "Yorick", but alas, poor Yorick got crushed in a move.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I used to have Koss 4AA headphone, now I am deaf
I am currently using Sennheisen wireless headphones connected to my TV