A Pillar Cover Question

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am recovering the pillars of my car and the old ones are not there to act as a template. I did a dry run on the right A-pillar as shown. Does the vinyl covering wrap around the window lips or sit flush with the inside?

A Pillar 1.JPG
A Pillar 2.JPG

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos, many thanks for the offer. I do have access to templates, just not sure how to position them. One would think that wrapping around the lip would interfere with the windshield gasket seating. I found an old post that had some pictures but still could not tell. Have reached out to the individual who began the old post.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is a great question. While I am YEARS away from doing this, I have already wondered the same thing. I have my glass out of the car and some portions of the A and C pillar material fold around glass lip/fin; whereas other sections appear more flush. I was wondering if it is truly this random, or if there is a "proper" position for my eventual new installation. Watching with interest.

Would love to learn more about these templates...

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will discuss with the original post from 2008 and get back. It does look like the vote will be that it wraps over the lip on both the front and back of the pillar.