A question for the E3 guys... Registry?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking around the internet it seems that there aren't very many places for E3 owners to go, forums or otherwise. That's why it was requested that this forum and the photos forum be created. Is there any interest in a registry for E3's? I have no sense for how many are still on the road and don't know if any owners would care about putting their car on a list for others to see, but I can create a website for it if there's interest.

Dan

corvair kid

Reaction score
I would welcome it as well, and it seems like if our numbers truly are so small, it will just make the task that much easier. :) There's a registry for the VW Golf Harlequin edition, for crying out loud!

What about the Senior Six Registry, though? As far as I can tell, it is defunct, but the information it collected is probably still out there somewhere.

I can't claim any knowledge of how a registry works, but I'd be happy to help if needed.

Nathan

Maocevallos

Reaction score
Great idea

Looking around the internet it seems that there aren't very many places for E3 owners to go, forums or otherwise. That's why it was requested that this forum and the photos forum be created. Is there any interest in a registry for E3's? I have no sense for how many are still on the road and don't know if any owners would care about putting their car on a list for others to see, but I can create a website for it if there's interest.

Dan

Should be the most important source for e3 owners . I know almost 20 e3 owners in other groups (Google group and Facebook group)

Andysedan

Reaction score
I've attempted to join Senior Six a couple of times, but got no response.

Andy (I need to change my name to Andysedan...)

amg5872

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I agree it would be cool to have an E3 registry. I'm on the SSR email list. It took a while to get on it and then I got booted off for a while due to technical issues which seems to happen pretty regularly to others. And as someone noted it is only via email. The SSR members are knowledgeable and helpful, but I have found this forum to be super well organized and more user-friendly. Thanks.

AG

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That would be great. I am a member of the Early 911S Registry as well and they do a great job. I have a question for you guys. I was told BMW offers Certificate of Authenticity just like the vintage Porsche's. But I wasn't sure if they offered them for the older cars....E3, E9 etc. There seems to be a misconception with the BMW owners about the certificates. I am generalizing here ok, but it doesn't seem like BMW owners of the vintage cars are as interested in the certificates as Porsche owners. I see comments like, "why do I need someone to tell me my BMW is authentic, of course it is, it is not a knock-off." Well, the certificates from Porsche serve more of a purpose for a new owner of the car if the original dealer sticker is missing let's say. It will tell you where the car was originally sold (Some do at least, the old Kardex did, newer certificates not as much). But the main thing is you can verify the original color and options that came with the car so if you want to take it back to original, you know for sure (in most cases, some certificates and Kardex's have been known to be incorrect) but for the most part are a valuable tool in verifying a lot of cool information about the car you own. Sometimes they are required for entering in shows etc. Does this type of certificate exist for older BMW's and if so is there a phone number or contact that deals with this from BMW? Do they list all the original options, etc.? Any feedback would be helpful, thank you.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Send an e-mail here:

[email protected]

You will get a return e-mail with date produced, date delivered to Hoffman in Germany (usually a week or so), and color, no options. Hoffman brought them here until Jan 1975 and his records are long gone. Don't know if BMW stills does their Zertifikate but it won't have any more data. If it was delivered to anyone else they have more data but not for us in the US.

Chris

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris, thank you so much I will do that, awesome! Great information I figured there had to be something similar. I never really bothered with that stuff with my other cars until I got into the vintage Porsche's and saw how much they obsessed over all that.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Guys, help me out.

Registry navigation for the cars... should we just have "E3 Sedan" and list everything under one model, or should we list "2500" 2800", etc. and list them under each model that way? There will only be two levels. First level selects the model, second level displays the list of all the cars under that model.

Dan

chope97

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me

I was a member of the Senior Six group years ago I have owned a Bavaria for over 25 years. I hope we can get everybody in one place.

johnl

Reaction score
Guys, help me out.

Registry navigation for the cars... should we just have "E3 Sedan" and list everything under one model, or should we list "2500" 2800", etc. and list them under each model that way? There will only be two levels. First level selects the model, second level displays the list of all the cars under that model.

Dan

Dan, If it is not to much trouble I like your idea of breaking it down.

zambo

Reaction score
I am in Oz and the Senior Six guys have been very patient with my idiot questions over the last 2 years. Heaps of knowledge there - mind blowing in fact at times and some of the funniest commentary you will get in any auto group on the net.

A registry is a tremendous idea - these well made sports sedans have not taken off as yet - maybe they never will. But who would have thought the '02's would fetch what they do today even 3 years ago. And they made so many of those.

Just my 0.02c worth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 204

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
If we end up breaking the models up, what should they be? What makes the most sense?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Drop down menu selection:

Finish the list for me. And, does Bavaria fit in here somewhere?