Air Conditioning Hoses

BonitaCS

Reaction score
I want to replace all of the old air conditioning hoses and was wondering if the pressure is low enough that I can fabricate them or is it better to have a shop make them? Also, I cleaned up the hard copper line but removed all of the insulation in doing so, anyone have any good suggestions on what to re-insulate it with?

Thanks,

Scott

TILLA

Site Donor
Reaction score
You have both high and low pressure, my old coupe had Aeroquip lines if I recall which you can take to a company that specializes in heavy truck of hydraulics and they can make them up for you, possibly using the old fittings. You can replace the insulation with the foam tubing for plumbing pipes.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Make your own hoses

There is a crimp tool for the metal sleeves that go over the end of the lines. Maybe Snap-On or other tool suppliers will provide. Then you have to get the crimps....

I don't think simply clamping the hose on will hold for long, on the high side. With the time and expense of system evacuation and recharging, you need good hoses unless you have the time, vacuum pump and refrigerant can lying around. Most don't.