Also WTB a new trunk (boot) carpet

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Need a brand new rear trunk carpet for my RHD 1972 E9 (ideally black coloured carpet). I didn't have any success with Ebay sellers (I don't have the side storage box in my trunk so need a carpet without any cut out). I also don't want a full carpet set, just need the trunk piece.

If anyone has one to sell, or knows where to get one please let me know. Ta

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Mal,
Majority of the cars had the storage bins therefore finding a carpet without the cutouts will be extremely difficult on its own.
I’d recommend visiting your local upholstery shop, they’d know where to get the carpet material and even make the template in no time them selves. You can even choose the piping color/ material. The trunk carpet is the same for all cars, lhd or rhd. The ones commonly available are this style
038E98DD-8550-4F73-AA66-445627CFE1A9.jpeg

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought a small roll of some extra black carpet from GAHH to match my interior carpet and made a cardboard template from the trunk carpet of a friends coupe. Brought it to a local upholstery shop and they cut it and added black piping.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
In the parts sale thread I have going, my buddy has an aftermarket carpet that is gray and black. It is used and would need to be cleaned. Not sure whether it has the cutout. If you might be interested, send me a PM and I will check on the cutout.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
In the parts sale thread I have going, my buddy has an aftermarket carpet that is gray and black. It is used and would need to be cleaned. Not sure whether it has the cutout. If you might be interested, send me a PM and I will check on the cutout.

Many thanks, but I only want a brand new one (bit ocd unfortunately).
As suggested I will probably make up a template and take it to an upholster to get this boot section custom made. Since it seems most of the existing ones FS have the storage box cutout.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another NMNA trunk carpet vendor.
First time I’m seeing an offer for 3 kinds, with small, large and NO box (Csl owners....)
But only two colors

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Another NMNA trunk carpet vendor.
First time I’m seeing an offer for 3 kinds, with small, large and NO box (Csl owners....)
But only two colors

Thanks Keshav,

BTW do you (or anyone) know if RHD CSLs originally came with or without the trunk box? My RHD City Pack doesn't have the box (and no evidence it ever did), but not sure if it was like that from new or the box has been lost along the way since 1972?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Mal,
If there are no tell tail signs like the screw holes (3) on the right ride gas tank cover board, then most likely you didn’t have the box, but this should be clarified by the long time Csl owners in the UK. If the holes are visible then the box got lost along the way but can be bought new from Christoph at cs-Werke.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Mal,
If there are no tell tail signs like the screw holes (3) on the right ride gas tank cover board, then most likely you didn’t have the box, but this should be clarified by the long time Csl owners in the UK. If the holes are visible then the box got lost along the way but can be bought new from Christoph at cs-Werke.
Keshav--What is cs-Werke web-site's link? I need to locate some other parts he might have. thanks, Drew