Amelia Island May 2021 - who's going?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Now that the Vintage has been postponed again, I am planning on going to Amelia Island that same weekend. The cars & coffee event is booked up but I'm in dire need of a road trip. Anyone else?

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey,
Come up to Highlands Motoring Festival June 10-13.
Nice show, 200 cars, many BMW's.
Opened up for lunch for our drives and a banquet. I'm in the show.
Problem- Highlands is a small town. Just as hard as Amelia to find a place to stay.
This is in NC that has been very restrictive about gathering. Only 3 weeks after the scheduled Vintage. So I really don't get it?

Don't think I'll bother with Amelia. I hate that because I didn't go last year.
Gary

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Another idea might be the Atlanta Air show? https://airshowatlanta.com/

I don't know anything about the show, but air shows usually have lots of open space so I was thinking that perhaps we could find a spot nearby to gather.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I may go to Amelia, but it may be very brief (just Sunday) for me.

I love the show.

Among old people in FL (the main constituency of Amelia) the vaccination rates are very high, so it will be pretty darn safe, COVID wise.

Scott

tmh

Reaction score
Highlands NC is a really nice place and the drive up and down the mountain between Franklin is amazing. Some very good restaurants.

dbower

Reaction score
Just got my acceptance for the Saturday CnC -- 2.5 weeks before the show! I forgot that I had even applied last summer, especially since I planned on doing the Vintage that same weekend. Don't even recall if I submitted the coupe or the 02. Must be filling in for somebody who cancelled. Anyway, I'm leaning toward going if I can find someplace to sleep at this late date. Anybody have a spare floor?

Don

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I sadly will be missing Amelia this year.

But for anybody interested there are many of us that will be at the BMW CCA Foundation Friday and Saturday in SC the same weekend.

On Friday we will be naming the Museum, unveiling the Founders garden and as this will be the last weekend of Genesis (BMW from the beginning) we will officially be closing the exhibition.

Most trustees, which many of you know will be attending all day Friday and Saturday morning.

Lodging and entrance in SC will be a lot less expensive :)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
nice going, they told me the waiting list was quite deep!

Just got my acceptance for the Saturday CnC -- 2.5 weeks before the show! I forgot that I had even applied last summer, especially since I planned on doing the Vintage that same weekend. Don't even recall if I submitted the coupe or the 02. Must be filling in for somebody who cancelled. Anyway, I'm leaning toward going if I can find someplace to sleep at this late date. Anybody have a spare floor?

Don