An Intro and an Impressive Pictorial of a 3.0CS Restoration

candvbmw

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm new around here. I didn't see a particular part of the forum for new member introductions so I thought I'd make a real quick in here. While I don't actually own an E9, that's not to say that I don't have a big place in my Bimmer-loving heart for them. After all, it was a friend who owned a '73 3.0CSi that got me into the Bimmer scene 20+ years ago. Since then, I've owned a few 2002s and a few E12s. Perhaps one day I might find myself in a position to own an E9 but I won't hold my breath waiting for that day to arrive. Since I'm not an E9 owner, my contribution to these forums might be minimal. I'll probably spend the majority of my time in 'lurk mode', enjoying the trials and tribulations of E9 ownership through a third person perspective. I'll certainly keep my eyes and ears open and if I feel that I have something to share, I'll gladly contribute.

For now, all I have is my long-winded introduction and this rather impressive pictorial documentation of a 3.0CS that had been left for dead and brought back to life by a friend of a friend. Here's the link. http://tinyurl.com/42h4w42

Thanks for listening, and thanks for for providing a great E9 community.

candvbmw

Reaction score
I've double and triple checked the link in my post and the slideshow works just fine for me. If you drag your cursor across the bottom center of that picture, the controls for an image slide show 'should' appear. If that doesn't work, give it a few seconds and the next picture might just show up. I don't know what to tell you if those options fail.

As for asking the friend of my friend to register at e9-driven, I'll certainly ask my friend to ask his friend, but I can't make any promises.

candvbmw

Reaction score
I avoided the middle-man and I just finished sending a note to my friend's friend requesting his registration at e9-driven.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
The link worked fine for me.
Very impressive work - bondo, rust and algae (yes, algae) were transformed back into an E9. Very nice.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow! What a daunting project. Although not an A1 restoration, nevertheless, it is still a very impressive. End result is a very good looking coupe. Great job!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If that car is ever named it should be called Harry Houdini.

61porsche

Reaction score
Welcome!

Canvbmw,

Thank you for sharing all the photos! What an inspiration, ton of hard work, and a beautiful outcome. There's no better feeling than that first ride after so long a time.

There's a wealth of information and experience from everyone here that I hope you and your freind will participate in whatever way is possible.

ps. It helps if you alter your signature to tell us where exactly you're from.( Noticed the freeway signs)

candvbmw

Reaction score
Thanks, 61porsche. This car actually belongs to a friend of a friend and both of them live in Portugal. I've taken your suggestion and I've updated my general location.