Analysis of Engine A/F or Emissions

chope97

Reaction score
I have two E3 both with dual Webers, one idles well and the other is a little shaky. I have adjusted the valves, both cars have electronic ignitions, new plugs ETC. My question is in trying to figure out if these cars are running efficient should I get a Air/fuel ration gauge to check the A/F ratio or should I have the cars Emissions tested to see what is going on with each car. I do not want to drive the cars if they are running too rich or too lean and if the carbs are worn out. I have also balanced both carbs in both cars. I really want to fine tune both cars. Both cars start right up.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
buying an A/F is a good idea if you can get a deal. always helps with tuning carbs

also, you may have too many e3s, I can help you with that

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
if you install an O2 sensor, you can actually just hook it up to a volt meter. no fancy gauges.

chope97

Reaction score
I watched a program on tv JDM legends they clipped the 02 sensor to the rear exhaust and had the gauge just sitting in the car while they did their testing

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it needs to be far up the pipe so as to avoid dilution and the resulting inaccurate reading.