Another Alpina, '73 CSL Ceylon in Germany

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is the oil fill cap location correct for a matching numbers engine?

Not for a ‘73 no. That is a later cover. I’m sure the head has been replaced, but the valve cover also has the date stamp on the underside.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Steering wheel is on the wrong side ..
apart from that ... awesome looking E9

Would be a nice daily driver for my family ,
If it was a RHD !!!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And Turbine wheel as a spare, modern water divider, wrong plugs where hood lateches are on a non-CSL, non-CSL carpets (?) and a few others. Stunning in Ceylon though.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Originally Golf! With prices Csl fetch now a days and obviously this car was restored for sale, why not go with the original color?
And as Chris pointed out, many discrepancies for the price demanded and that too without more pics or Alpina details.

If it’s matching numbers then it’s the original engine with tripple carbs and Alpina collector. If it’s an Alpina engine (B2/S) then it should have it’s own Alpina#.
But being that he’s a reputable seller, he might have all the necessary answers.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not for a ‘73 no. That is a later cover. I’m sure the head has been replaced, but the valve cover also has the date stamp on the underside.

The ‘75 in Madrid has it in the front and also claims to be original?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What makes this an Alpina? I can only see the inlet manifold but was wondering whether this was some official version.

The name Alpina is exaggerated in this case. It’s a 2275 Csl without Alpina provenance.