Another CA transplant to ID

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey there e9coupe community. I finally escaped CA. Born and raised but can't remember last time I went to the beach, traffic is back and the crazy has been turned up to 11. I met some great people through this community in CA but I moved to Coeur d'Alene (God's country) last week and I'm not looking back. I know a lot of you will be life long friends and have helped tremendously with my Bav build.

Now that I am in Cd'A I'm finally getting all or should say "most" of the boxes put away, cleared the garage/carport for the Bavaria. The Bav and my other newly acquired baby are getting shipped out next week and now that Spring is upon us I'm ready to take them out on roads with NO TRAFFIC! It looks like I moved at the perfect time of year to start exploring all the mountain/backcountry roads.

Just putting the feelers out for any members (or non-member lurkers) that are in the area. Ideally within an hour radius or so in order to meet up for a drive. I'm sure there are a few of you in Spokane. I heard there is a track there and I'm starting to research that as well.

Anyone interested in meeting up for a drive let me know but I won't have the cars until end of next week probably. PM me when you get a chance. -Shane

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Happy for you and also somewhat envious, we’re having that conversation at my house a lot lately. Best wishes to you in your new home!

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Shane, congratulations on taking charge. Big decision. I am sure you will never look back. Just noticed Boise CL, has an E3 instrument cluster for sale by an owner who still has his car, just does not need the cluster. So, there is another one! Kinda far, but perhaps you have doubled the Bav population in the State. Something to build on! :cool:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrat's on the big move, Shane. Scott Jordan who has the black E9 & the poodles is in Ketchum ID, ~2 hours away.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Btw- I am in Spokane (Liberty lake) every month
June 11
July 16
Aug 13
Sept?
Oct?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ahh, we spent a week out there on the Salmon River. The river bank has nicer sand than some of the beaches here in Ma.

My wife shared an article with me concerning long term happiness........major obstacle to happiness was a person's commute to work and back.

I was visiting in Palo Alto and left plenty of time to get to the airport (like the time I would allot to getting to JFK). I missed my flight by a mile because of the traffic....I grew up driving on the Cross Bronx Expressway which is nothing c/w what I saw out there.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I hear ya there. My wife will be commuting from Spokane WA (GEG) to Orange County (SNA) CA for a while. As a nurse she can do the 6-on, 8-off. The flights not bad, 2hr-20min or so and Allegiant is flying direct to OC now. I wouldn't want to do it, but the pay is almost double. Anyhow, I was driving her to the Spokane airport in the middle of rush hour and there was very light traffic into Spokane (and it's a fairly large city, I was surprised) compared to what I am used to in OC and LA traffic. I hate telling people this but the word is already out on Coeur d'Alene. I have a feeling it will not be this way forever, but even an increase wilI still be mild compared to the mayhem driving on the "freeways" in southern CA. Yeah, I couldn't take it anymore, just one of the factors why a lot of people are bailing CA. I'm in Northern ID, the Salmon River looks like it runs more through the middle of ID. It is a bigger state than most people realize. Boise to Cd'A where I live is 8-hours or so away. Like driving from South Orange County to Sonoma County in CA. Depending on stops and the dreaded traffic of course.