Another freshman from Germany...

SicilianE9

Reaction score
As said earlier i am living in Berlin, Germany altough being belgian.
I am designing cars for a german group since 20 years and an active oldtimer collector and rallyist.

I was searching an elegant coupe to complement my other cars that are more challenging and more demanding to use and have obviously been contaminated by the E9 virus since a while and it took me some time to find the right one.

It is really interesting to analyze how the BMW formal language found its roots and how the CS instrumentalized the rebirth of BMW.
From the 3200 CS designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro while he was working for Bertone that still shows some Alfa Romeo Giulia styling cues ( and the later to be named "Hofmeister knick") in the cabin proportions to the 2000 Cs and finally reworked to show more aggressivity in the front and more wheelarches to muscle the 6 cylinders optically, all elements will sharpen the identity of the bavarian brand.

I will soon register and post photos of my 72 3.0 CS , the car should be terminated in june to be licensed with historical numberplates.

I hope to be doing soon the shakedown and debugging after 3 years of restoration in a couple of small regularity rallies in italy during july.

Best regards and thank you for being such an incredible source of knowledge and passion.

Best regards.

Luc

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
As said earlier i am living in Berlin, Germany altough being belgian.
I am designing cars for a german group since 20 years and an active oldtimer collector and rallyist.

will soon register and post photos of my 72 3.0 CS , the car should be terminated in june to be licensed with historical numberplates.

I hope to be doing soon the shakedown and debugging after 3 years of restoration in a couple of small regularity rallies in italy during july.

Best regards and thank you for being such an incredible source of knowledge and passion.

Best regards.

Luc

hi luc
welcome !
i travel a lot to berlin (last week i was there for three days)
i will return in july, from 9 to 11th, If you are not in italy and you like we can meet and have a beer (augustiner brau is one of my favourites, but probably you will know better places)
regards

SicilianE9

Reaction score
hi luc
welcome !
i travel a lot to berlin (last week i was there for three days)
i will return in july, from 9 to 11th, If you are not in italy and you like we can meet and have a beer (augustiner brau is one of my favourites, but probably you will know better places)
regards

Thanks!
So far it looks good for those days. You probably know better the right places as i have been installing the house since the moving in october and had no time to see the big town so far...
Maybe my E9 will be in Berlin then, i would love to have you having a look at it.
Take care and lets keep posted for the gtg.
Best regards

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks!
So far it looks good for those days. You probably know better the right places as i have been installing the house since the moving in october and had no time to see the big town so far...
Maybe my E9 will be in Berlin then, i would love to have you having a look at it.
Take care and lets keep posted for the gtg.
Best regards

absolutely !
i would like meeting you, but i would love meeting "her" ! :razz::razz::razz:

SicilianE9

Reaction score
absolutely !
i would like meeting you, but i would love meeting "her" ! :razz::razz::razz:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1338754532.901927.jpg

Still some work to do but i will be glad introducing you to her. :)

SicilianE9

Reaction score
this is incredible !
have you seen mine ?
what a colour coincidence !

P2185009.jpg

Cant believe it , seems likei am cloning yours...and i have my Petri waiting for final touch....
Looks like you have a twin in Germany!
Btw , i see you are in Bilbao, i was in Sitges, catalunya until october, i was heading the Seat design center for the last 5 years.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1338759991.215535.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1338759991.215535.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 218

arnie

Reaction score
Hi Luc,

also a "welcome" from me in your post. It's making me a little jealous when I read, that your coupe is quite close to the finsih line after 3 years of restoration.

I'd never would have such a patience to wait for that long. But for sure it'll take time and some certain invest to do it in a reasonable way and I could imagine how perfect your CS will look like. My schedule is roughly about first of all to have the complete body renewed and absolutely healthy. Second will be all the other issues like a new interieur. It's also a matter of costs. The bodywork is something, which I can conduct myself and keep the costs in a reasonable frame. All the other things like missing parts and also the exchange of the interieur have the potential to explode the budget and I need to take a serious look on my expenses. So these things have to wait a little ....

But now, go ahead making me jealous and show some pictures of your car. :grin:

cheers

Ingo

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello Luc, which events will You attend here in Italy?
Maybe We can meet.
Ciao

SicilianE9

Reaction score
Hi Lorenzo, i was thonking to start with something easy to see the first problems on the car like the Bobbio Penice.
Would be great to
Meet!
Salutti di berlino
Ciao
LucImageUploadedByTapatalk1338867414.421577.jpg

SicilianE9

Reaction score
Hi Ingo, i have cheated as i found a car that was already in the restauration
Process but the owner decided to let it go. That way i could interfere with the contents of the car like swapimg the glass for tinted ones, staimless steel exhaust, suspension, trim, steering wheel and wheel. After looking for a long time , i was disapointed of the condition of all the cars i saw before and especially the refreshed ones hiding the real substance.
I cant wait the next couple of , yesterday i got the restored alpinas still waiting for the black paint in the centerImageUploadedByTapatalk1338898693.499613.jpg

Best regards

Luc

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Luc,
Piacenza is 140 kms north my town ( Bologna ), hope We can meet.

About the stainless steel exhaust, is it from Walloth-Nesch? Does the original chrom tip fits? Curios to hear the sound too, I'm thinking to buy one for my CSL.

Ciao

Lorenzo

SicilianE9

Reaction score
Hi Lorenzo,
You can see the SS exhaust at www.bmw-cs.de . I do not believe that the original tip fits but i will check.
Btw i lived 5 years in
Montale close to Maranello when i was head of design in Sant' Agata Bolognese.
Hope we can meet in Bobbio. A lot of crazy designer friends will be there. Take careImageUploadedByTapatalk1338973104.257692.jpg

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Luc,
Piacenza is 140 kms north my town ( Bologna ), hope We can meet.

About the stainless steel exhaust, is it from Walloth-Nesch? Does the original chrom tip fits? Curios to hear the sound too, I'm thinking to buy one for my CSL.

Ciao

Lorenzo

hi lorenzo,
i can not pass on this one
i must say that i love bologna ! one of the most beautiful cities that i know ! all those "porticato" streets
and, the MAJANI bombons FIAT !

wow i wish i was there !

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Luc, will send them a mail to know more about the exhaust system, thanks.

deQuincey, glad You liked Bologna, We are quite scared lately with all the earthquakes around here, but luckily no damages or victims in Bologna.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score

deQuincey, glad You liked Bologna, We are quite scared lately with all the earthquakes around here, but luckily no damages or victims in Bologna.

ok

about the exhaust, i have a bit of information about the stainless steel one from walloth&nesch
i was talking to them one month ago
they confirmed me that the exhaust is made by LARINI in the UK

they told me that they have some particurarities in obtaining them in a certain moment, because LARINI considers this production a complement to their standard products, and that they might offer discounts when their standard production decreases, and that happens periodically (i.e. in november december) that is the reason why w&n offers dsicount

regards

arnie

Reaction score
for the exhaust questions it's should probably be moved to the general discussions ?!?

I also dicovered something about different distributors of various ss-exhaustsystem for the E9.

The one from Wurm (which is shown in Lucs picture) is the most desirable to me because of the price/performance ratio. It should be a third more expensive than the one from W&N but includes a fan manifold and has a sufficient tube diameter (62mm for the single pipe part, if I have the right informations), which is recommended for bigger engines like a 3,5 l for instance.

I also heard about, that the W&N could cause heat problems (because of a smaller tube diameter and less gas flow) and can kill the head gasket in worst case (don't ask me, if there's any reliable reference to this - just heard rumors).

Ingo

SicilianE9

Reaction score

Hi Lorenzo,

Sorry i did not answer yet but i was in a meeting and travel marathon.
Wolfgang Wurm is really fast to answer and always providing all the details on his exhaust you need to know, a great contact, do contact him without doubt.

I have a lot of friends in Emilia Romagna and feel sorry for what happened to them. It is a schock to not be safe within your walls and even lose them.
By miracle the victims are limited...still.
Glad to hear that you are OK and your relatives as well.

Take care

Luc

SicilianE9

Reaction score
hi lorenzo,
i can not pass on this one
i must say that i love bologna ! one of the most beautiful cities that i know ! all those "porticato" streets
and, the MAJANI bombons FIAT !

wow i wish i was there !

You reminded me real good times , thank you!
I was so sad to leave Modena/ Bologna and even if Barcelona was great, I still look back at those times with nostalgy!

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
You reminded me real good times , thank you!
I was so sad to leave Modena/ Bologna and even if Barcelona was great, I still look back at those times with nostalgy!

Well, so let's make a pre-Bobbio race meeting in Bologna, have some good tortellini and I'll show my garage!
BTW, when in Sant'Agata, did You ever meet Stefano Pasini? He wrote some books on Lamborghini too, he is a good friend of mine.