Antenna

Andrew

Reaction score
Antenna, initially installed front left, now being moved to rear right after replacement of front fender. Also considering windshield antenna. Any suggestions for makes/models for rear right and any experiences with windshield antennas appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Malc

Reaction score
Hello Andrew,
The bucket has an electric one on the RHS rear wing (fender). When Dave came over the other day his was also in the same place.
There seems to be a "factory" reinforcing plate there, plus one on the LHS front wing too.
My 2002Tii has a roof mounted one, which seems to of been common for those, though one I err... took apart... has one mounted on the LHS windscreen pillar which due to the crude mounting (self tapping screws), had resulted in rust in a very important structural part of the car hence me scrapping it

It is quite possible the electric aerial was fitted in the UK rather than the factory as the mounting is crude to say the least!

Go for the best quality one you can find. Most electric ones have a drain hole in the the drum part, use a bit of modelling tubing to take away any moisture rather than letting it fall in the boot etc
Malc