Anyone know this coupe?

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I remember a while back during a cars and coffee in Corona Del Mar I came across this crazy coupe. I have never seen it in Southern Cal since. If you notice the bodywork towards the trunk was accentuated in the rear quarter panels to mold into the rear spoiler. I will try and dig up some shots from the rear if I have any. I think it had an M motor, not sure what the license plate is referring to because it wasn't a 4-cyl M10 motor. I'm sure someone here either owns this or knows who this is. Maybe you can shed some light on this resto-mod build. It was definitely unique. I apologize for the picture of a picture.

Attachments

• Red Restomod M10.jpg
    Red Restomod M10.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 250

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The forum software won't let me paste the link in at 3:50. Shots of the back

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that video. I was so busy getting my car ready to be judged, I don't even remember seeing that car.

A member took that video. I can't recall who but it is as close as I got to legends...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You can hear Stan talking at 3:15 too. Nice view of all the coupes that day. The red coupe in question, different isn't always better and imho this is proof.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A member took that video. I can't recall who but it is as close as I got to legends...
Hi Markos;
Please send me your full name and address. I want to send you some spare tools I have that are nnot perfect but as good as many I've seen.
Koopman

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Markos;
Please send me your full name and address. I want to send you some spare tools I have that are nnot perfect but as good as many I've seen.
Koopman

Sounds good Harry! I held out but I will take you up on your generosity. I will cover shipping and donate tot the forum. PM on the way!

Bwana

Reaction score
That car was parked next to me! (the silver one with the rally sticker on the door). I remember looking at it, seems like it's better in the photos than real life. I vaguely remember it being sort of hammered in the interior and the spoiler bodywork was poor too. Never talked to the owner, who is it?