Anyone run style-5 wheels on their E3?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've seen photos online and think it looks awesome, but how hard is it to make them fit? I'd want to lower the car a little too, maybe an inch.

Mike Goble

Reaction score
ZD53LKJ.jpg

These are 17" RC090's. They bolt right on with 235/45 tires. I have ST springs n the front which lower it some, and adjustable Bilsteins in the rear on the E28 rear axle.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, that's it! I bought the "turd" car at Copart and may end up with it myself. As much as I think a stock early E3 has a lot of cool factor if I end up with the car I'll probably go the route you did. It's also white. Sorry. ;)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, that's it! I bought the "turd" car at Copart and may end up with it myself. As much as I think a stock early E3 has a lot of cool factor if I end up with the car I'll probably go the route you did. It's also white. Sorry. ;)
Mike, could we see more photos of your most beautiful Bavaria? My favorite sport sedan ever!
Steve

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ha! You got the turd? I registered to bid and forgot my license was expired. They asked for the new one, which I have, but forgot to send it so I could bid. LOL. Probably better that way...my wife would've been, well, less than excited. What're your plans for it? I had figured on stripping parts off it for my needs..

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ha! You got the turd? I registered to bid and forgot my license was expired. They asked for the new one, which I have, but forgot to send it so I could bid. LOL. Probably better that way...my wife would've been, well, less than excited. What're your plans for it? I had figured on stripping parts off it for my needs..

If I decide to buy it I'll get it on the road. Past that we'll have to see...

E3AV

Reaction score
be8a316cca39ed29b311ee323d414766.jpg

These are 17" RC090's. They bolt right on with 235/45 tires. I have ST springs n the front which lower it some, and adjustable Bilsteins in the rear on the E28 rear axle.

Any rubbing issues in front with the 235/45 tires? Do you use spacers to clear the struts?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hmmm, why are the inside of the rims scraped? Were they ground down for a different car?

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was given a set of 1 piece style fives (16x8 wheels) a few weeks ago for my birthday. I was told I'll need 10mm spacers because they have a higher offset. I'm going to run 205/50-16 tires so that my sidewalls are straight.

Mike Goble

Reaction score
I stuck my Iphone up there with the camera lens end on the tire and that's what came out. I had 16x8 et23's on my car a few years ago and about 3mm of spacer was all that was needed. Being the cheap guy that I am, I went to Ace Hardware and bought 10 real thick 1/2" flat washers.

E3AV

Reaction score
Any issues with the 235/45 tires hitting/rubbing the fenders with the steering wheel fully cranked?

I’m thinking of buying a set of rc090’s that allready have 235/45 BFG tires on.

E3AV

Reaction score
I really want to keep the 235/45 tires if I buy the wheels, but I’m afraid they are too big. So I’m also looking at alternatives.
195/70-14 is the original size whitch I’m currently running.

235/45-17 is 2.4% larger in diameter
Here are some alternatives:
205/50-17 is 1.6% larger
225/45-17 is 1.2% larger
215/45-17 is 0.4% smaller
235/40-17 is 1.2% smaller

What do you guys think would be the best alternative?
Anyone running 205/50 on a 17x8 wheel?

E3AV

Reaction score
Thats excellent :)
Could you please post some more pictures of your Bav with the style 5’s on?