Auto transport service?

PaulinPa

Reaction score
Anyone use a transport company lately?I'm thinking of buying an E36 that is 500 miles away and wondered if with the higher gas prices these services have become too expensive?Any recommendations?The car is in Elkhart,Ind. and I'm in scenic Lancaster,Pa.Thanks.

MattP

Reaction score
Fedex Passport did me right, but my girlfriend works for Fedex so we received a small discount. $1400 for Fort Lauderdale, FL to Kansas City, MO. Enclosed trailer with a nice driver that would deliver anytime of day I could arrange.

YMMV

schnell540

Reaction score
And I used Interstate to ship the coupe down to LA and back up to SF -- cheaper than FedEx and DAS and it was enclosed and door to door, too.

You can try Uship.com if you want to go bargain-basement, but I get the impresssion there is less -- ummm -- of a track record with their people (they sub out the work). As I was shipping the CSL, I wanted a known quantity, but if the car is somewhat generic, Uship is where you save the dough.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I had a good experience with Fedex. It was about $1200 from San Jose, CA to Rockville, MD. It is a bit more expensive (a few $100) but they let you track the car and they accept credit cards which makes logistics easier.

ducks

Reaction score
Heyyyy

I've used DAS frequently, just recently my E9 from Fla. to Pittsburgh was $569.00 which I thinks a deal. Drake