BAT 1973 BMW 3.0CS 4-Speed Polaris Silver Metallic with Motorsport stripes 1990s 3.5-liter M30

Dohn

Reaction score
Some interesting choices on this car. Rhino lining on inside of the hood and trunk; would it have been that much harder to paint it Polaris? Will certainly complicate any future repaint. Curious why the air cleaner is rubbing on the hood insulation. Paint stripe looks nice, but it is clearly vinyl, not painted on, which is probably good, since it is peeling up. No mention whether ac works, not enough photos of engine and rockers. Looks solid, but lots of unanswered questions. It will be interesting to see what it brings...

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Some interesting choices on this car. Rhino lining on inside of the hood and trunk; would it have been that much harder to paint it Polaris? Will certainly complicate any future repaint. Curious why the air cleaner is rubbing on the hood insulation. Paint stripe looks nice, but it is clearly vinyl, not painted on, which is probably good, since it is peeling up. No mention whether ac works, not enough photos of engine and rockers. Looks solid, but lots of unanswered questions. It will be interesting to see what it brings...

80,000 :)

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
to me it looks like the wood on the dash is plywood (radial) cut, what do you think?

jmackro

Reaction score
to me it looks like the wood on the dash is plywood (radial) cut, what do you think?

Now would someone who installed this steering wheel on their coupe - and posted a photo on BaT with that car in the background - use plywood for their dash? Yea, I guess they might.

1973_bmw_3-0cs_156176381265ef66e7dff9f9876L1030195.jpg

Last edited:

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now would someone who installed this steering wheel on their coupe - and posted a photo on BaT with that car in the background - use plywood for their dash? Yea, I guess they might.

1973_bmw_3-0cs_156176381265ef66e7dff9f9876L1030195.jpg

Hey! I have the same steering wheel. It’s basically an Alpina Momo wheel without the leather wrapping. No, it’s not my favorite look either, so I will eventually have it wrapped in leather.

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This car is listed in the registry; here is the information: "Was a Polaris automatic, repainted Tundra and converted to 4-speed several owners ago".