BaT Shipping

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score

This is sure to extend BaT's lead over other online auction sites.

Next should be turn key transportation/brokerage for vehicles sold to a buyer outside of the seller's country. Canadian vehicles to the US would be a good beta test of this IMO.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I like it - it also makes BAT (more) responsible for the transaction end to end.
BaT's business model carefully avoids any sort of responsibility for the transaction. The transaction is between the car owner and the seller.

They will not be responsible for transporting cars either. They will merely introduce the buyer to an auto transport company.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think it would be very difficult to hold BaT responsible for a transaction...including the transport under this new feature.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score

This is sure to extend BaT's lead over other online auction sites.

Next should be turn key transportation/brokerage for vehicles sold to a buyer outside of the seller's country. Canadian vehicles to the US would be a good beta test of this IMO.

Agree. We've already seen the willingness for buyers to pay a high premium on vehicles for the convenience of BaT. This just extends that convenience factor and an additional 10-15% shipping premium is likely of no consequence for the majority of buyers. Anyone who has tried to arrange shipping for a classic vehicle can attest to how difficult it can be in dealing with questionable brokers/agents.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Brilliant. They’re becoming the Amazon of online classic car auctions.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Remember that BaT is no longer some enthusiast owned business endeavor. They are now big business and as such will remain responsible for nothing involving the transaction OR the shipping. Its guilt by association but I would think, it wont matter a bit in a lawsuit