Batmobile at RM Monaco

Philippe db

Reaction score
The steering wheel perfectly reflects this car’s condition.

Exactly my thoughts, most certainly in combination with the condition of the dashboard wood.

It's an original Bat but one that will cost you another 100K on top of whatever it sells for te get it right. If that is just pocket money for you why not go for it.

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For one, it’s a city package car and in exceptionally poor shape. To get the car back to perfect condition, even 100K wouldn’t be enough, here in Germany, a top CSL shop will want 150K+. Almost certainly the spoiler package isn’t original either, being a city pack car thus no spoiler package from factory (in the trunk). And the steering wheel, apart from being crappy, it’s not even a leather Petri.
The only thing I found ‘correct’ are the rims!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
For one, it’s a city package car and in exceptionally poor shape. To get the car back to perfect condition, even 100K wouldn’t be enough, here in Germany, a top CSL shop will want 150K+. Almost certainly the spoiler package isn’t original either, being a city pack car thus no spoiler package from factory (in the trunk). And the steering wheel, apart from being crappy, it’s not even a leather Petri.
The only thing I found ‘correct’ are the rims!

So this is a dressed up city pack car?
In any case, if this car gets 300k euros, it really will tell us that the market for these is exceptionally strong.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So this is a dressed up city pack car?
In any case, if this car gets 300k euros, it really will tell us that the market for these is exceptionally strong.

Yes, city pack car

Regarding the market I can’t say, but the buyers knowledge of Csl’s specially if he pays 300K€, Is definately questionable. If bought at that price and restored properly, the final cost will be well over half mil USD‘s.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
A rear wing over a chrome bumper in the back and a completely incorrectly mounted front spoiler and painted over bumper gators (don't these things usually, like, just fall out?) quickly tell the story that the car has needs. At the end of the day the car is no different from a perfect one in that they just are what they are. It comes down to the description and information provided by the seller and a potential buyer doing due diligence and in this case you would expect better from RM. This car isn't guilty of anything but.........wow.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's a huge relief that the "complex 3.0-litre fuel injected race-derived engine" is serviced by an "expert racing mechanic", even if it's driven "just 39,072 km from new". And it sure looks nice in that "recently detailed engine bay".

Untitled 2.jpg

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just noticed another detail, the chrome arches are some after market brand, not the Csl ones. I guess the fact that the passager side wiper is missing doesn’t change the pic by much!
What would this car be worth if it wasn’t a Csl Bat. 20-30 grand?

Last edited:

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
the bat that was sold last week by the dealer called Girardo in England, UK

Is a bloody bargain compared to this Bat !!!!

rwolak

Reaction score
Who knows what this car will sell for. Like some people who attend Barrett=Jackson auctions, I suspect people who attend the Monaco auction have more money than brains when it comes to buying cars.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Strange this car has never seemed to have received the love it deserves, it seems to have popped up for sale every so often over the last decade but in the same needy condition, lets hope it ends up in the hands of somebody who brings it back to its former glory.

I was actually on my way to see it in Spain, many years ago, even before the post Markos kindly shares above. While driving towards Heathrow airport, I broke down in my (not so trusty and since sold) 1974 RS Capri - totally embarrassed on the slip road to the M11 at rush hour and missed the only flight I have ever missed in my life. It was a short visit to the UK, so couldn't reschedule and while I had some great conversations with the owner at the time Jaime (no idea if he still owns it) we could sadly never come to an agreement because I considered it needed a full restoration and therefore wanted to allow for that and Jaime felt differently.

I hope it now finds a good home and the love it deserves.

scottd

Reaction score
That engine bay looks pretty sketchy. I think I see rust popping from the rain that fell during their photo shoot.

Scott

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peter you wouldn't be the first chap that had a Ford leave you on the side of the road.....I had a love/hate relationship with my '66 Mustang and it's 289 V8 as a teenager......

Strange this car has never seemed to have received the love it deserves, it seems to have popped up for sale every so often over the last decade but in the same needy condition, lets hope it ends up in the hands of somebody who brings it back to its former glory.

I was actually on my way to see it in Spain, many years ago, even before the post Markos kindly shares above. While driving towards Heathrow airport, I broke down in my (not so trusty and since sold) 1974 RS Capri - totally embarrassed on the slip road to the M11 at rush hour and missed the only flight I have ever missed in my life. It was a short visit to the UK, so couldn't reschedule and while I had some great conversations with the owner at the time Jaime (no idea if he still owns it) we could sadly never come to an agreement because I considered it needed a full restoration and therefore wanted to allow for that and Jaime felt differently.

I hope it now finds a good home and the love it deserves.