Bavarian Auto Recycling Business Practices

jfornarola

Reaction score
Has anyone else encountered difficulties with these people regarding billing for non-shipped items and the resulting delays in issuing credits?

I ordered two doors for my E9. I was told the doors would be shipped and received in about two weeks. This was acceptable to me. After two weeks I inquired about delivery. I was told there was a shipping delay but that I would have the doors a week later. A week later I received a call that they made a mistake and did not have the doors after all. They also said they would issue a credit.

Of course there are a couple of issues: Why did they bill me in the first place if the product never shipped, and why they have not issued a credit now that close to a month has passed since I was informed the doors were not available.

As of today I'm told that their accounting department will call me back within 24 hours. We'll see if that happens. I have informed my credit card company so I have some leverage.

But this really speaks to the overall business practices. I had never done business before with them and I am highly unlikely to do anything with them again. Has anyone else had a similar occurance? If so, contact me off-line at [email protected].

jfornarola

Reaction score
Postscript

I received only one response about how Bavarian Auto Recycling does business. After placing an additional call to them, a credit was applied to my credit card one day later. Fortunately the delay in obtaining parts only caused a delay with my project.

My suggestion to anyone reading this is to make no assumptions with any part of a transaction. I am going so far as to not only ask for pictures of used parts, but also asking about packing methods and shipper. I then review the parts with the shipping company (truck driver) present and the source company on the line to insure I don't get stuck with a damaged part.

There are other resources on-line that describe best practices for long distance transactions. E-bay has several very well written practices as does Paypal.