Bay area another CSI is being saved

atan888

Reaction score
Belongs to a friend and is being painted in the same shop that my car is being restored. Car was originally from Italy and was imported by a US serviceman. It sat in a barn in South Carolina for the past 20 years. It is a nice untouched example everything is original including the original Italian decals and tires. It was scraped to bare metal and new floor pans were welded. Now its painted with the original Fjord color using Glasurit paint. This will soon be another nice example.

RETROCARS-35_800Small.jpg

RETROCARS-32_800Small.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Last edited:

atan888

Reaction score
Jabberjaw's new crush ;)

The Jaw's in love

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 267

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Any photos before the restoration began. Our Barn Find sat for five years in a leaky barn in NJ and before that it may have been the salty ocean air in "storage" for years.
Ours was not worth restoring. Wish it had. I will be posting photos on the Registry where my partner in the venture registered it early on.

Steve

atan888

Reaction score
The car started pretty dry. It was stored for 20 years in S. Dakota The only metal replaced where the floor pans.

coupe2800cs

Reaction score
Very Nice work Alvin

I give your staff a lot of credit those guys look like they work very hard, and take just as much pride in their work. Curious what the deal with Glasurit paint in the Bay Area, are they being forced into water base now like everyone else?

atan888

Reaction score
I give your staff a lot of credit those guys look like they work very hard, and take just as much pride in their work. Curious what the deal with Glasurit paint in the Bay Area, are they being forced into water base now like everyone else?

Thank you so much. Yes all paint are now water based since the tail end of last year.

pmansson

Reaction score
Csl ???

Well done to bring new life into yet another coupe.
I am curious as to the lack of front bumper mount holes....
Did you ask the shop to fill them before painting, or is the car a true CSL???
VIN ?
Have you pushed your index finger in the middle of the roof to see how much it flexes ???

Peder

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wheels and Interior Color

Alvin,
Can you give some details on the wheel type and size and also do you know the color of the interior?

Looks great.

atan888

Reaction score
Well done to bring new life into yet another coupe.
I am curious as to the lack of front bumper mount holes....
Did you ask the shop to fill them before painting, or is the car a true CSL???
VIN ?
Have you pushed your index finger in the middle of the roof to see how much it flexes ???

Peder

The holes where filled before paint. Its a CSI.

Alvin,
Can you give some details on the wheel type and size and also do you know the color of the interior?

Looks great.

They are polished custom Style 5 wheels. 17x8. The interior is custom covered.

YBNormal

Reaction score
Beautiful!

Perhaps a brief fling at crime would be worthwhile to finance a restoration as good as this ........ anybody know a quick, reliable Ponzi scheme?

Seriously, Fjord over tan would be my choice if I didn't already have dark blue cloth in very good shape. Nice work!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am interested in how the seatbelts were done. Makes me want to drive back across country to have my coupe done by Alvin's crew!!