BBS RS Rebuild help

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Helping a mate rebuild his rims ....anyone got a diagram that shows tightening sequence for the bolts ?( 34 holes ) ....couldn't find anything here or elsewhere . I had a diagram that I used for my Style 5's rebuild but can't locate that either; I found numbering the holes more "foolproof" .Thanks , Simon

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've rebuilt a couple of sets of Style 5s and rebuilt a set of RSs for my old '02. Honestly, I used youtube videos to show me the way. There are a bunch of them showing how to rebuild RSs including torque specs. They really turned out great.

IMG_0365.JPG

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Vince, I'm familiar with the rebuild process, just after the diagram for tightening/torquing sequence. for the 34 x nuts.

I used a "star" pattern torque sequence on my RS rebuild. Seal the nuts with Loctite blue with 20-22 ft/lbs per nut. Remember if you re chromed your bbs bolts they get weaker after rechroming, so be careful on those. I learned the hard way. Sealed them with GE Silver silicone. Seemed to hold up well on my set.

20171214_164418.jpg

20181126_130710.jpg

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Thanks gents, yes, we have worked on a "star" pattern sequence. Thanks too for heads up on rechroming ; I believe he has simply cleaned/polished the original bolts.