Beautiful! 1971 BMW 2800csa E9 in Las Vegas

DaSurfa

Reaction score
1971 BMW 2800csa E9 coupe with no sunroof

https://www.panjo.com/l/320785

Mileage is 107k miles.
Really sad to say goodbye but I need to sell my beloved 1971 BMW 2800csa E9 thats been with me for over 5 years. Originally delivered April 1971 to Hoffman Motors of NY and spent most of its life in S Cali and Las Vegas.
This is a very rust free E9.
Its a 2800csa but with all the upgrades it should be called a 3.0csi manual instead.
Vin is 2280504 and originally Polaris built on March of 1971.
3.0csi motor vin is 2263920
My E9 went thru a full restoration in early to mid 90s by previous owner in S Cali and was repainted in chamoix white.
Paint is in excellent condition and I can't find any signs of the original polaris anywhere on my E9. Panels are all straight and there is very little orange peel.
Paint is like smooth as glass in many places.

At that time during restoration many upgrades were done:
*Engine swapped with 72 BMW 30.csi euro
*disc brakes, including rears
*4sp manual
*interior items
*H4 front headlight upgrade

Items added by myself during ownership;
*aluminum radiator
*new water pump and housing
*New fan clutch and fan
*New belts
*Pertronix
*original Nardi wood steering wheel and Luigi hub
There's more but I can't remember at this time.

Interior is in great condition with all seats in great condition with hardly any wear and no rips. Rears seats are in excellent condition. Headliner is in great condition as well with no rips. One door panel card needs some attention but I have extra door panel card thats in great shape. All wood is present and only issue is door wood trim on both are in need of restoration. Clock stop working and I just had the original speedo rebuilt by company in S Cali.

Only issue is 4 sp transmission is leaking oil and also the LSD. I have good extra Getrag dogleg 5-speed manual trans and LSD that go with vehicle.
Currently engine starts and runs but little rough. I rarely drive it and its in need of a full tune up and the Weber carbs need to be rebuilt since its been sitting for long periods of time and probably clogged up.
Vehicle drives really smooth and straight.

I have tons of parts that will go with vehicle:
*Getrag dogleg 5-speed transmission
*rear LSD
*extra door panel card and extra door pull
*set of original Zenith dual carbs
*extra front full grill
*misc lights and plastic lenses
*original Hella fog lights
*2 sets of wheels, original and style 5 2-piece BBS
*New set of B&G drop springs E12 but fronts will fit the E9
There's more but I can't remember.

There is no rust on the front and rear shock towers. Only one small rust spot on the rear trunk lid right beside the 2800cs emblem.

Located in Las Vegas, NV
Please text or email me at 702-3 4 0- 8 8 8 eight
dldang @ gmail.com
Mahalo,
David D

BMW2800CS_3.jpg

IMG_0201_sm_zpsdbec25a6.jpg

IMG_0143_sm_zps75e34c33.jpg

IMG_0096_sm.jpg

DSC5846_s_zps95ed3be7.jpg

20130724_091222_zps9730eaf4.jpg

IMG_0169_zpsgm58agy9.jpg

DSC5799_sm_zpse2fd3fff.jpg

DSC00268_sm.jpg

20130407_121155_zpsd00b2d7a.jpg

Here's couple new pics of interior. As you can see the seats are in great shape.
20160928_095336_zpspleg1x8e.jpg

20160928_074429_zpsihaha90x.jpg

20160928_074406_zpssezkzeyy.jpg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
DaSurfa,

This is your correct? You have it listed on Pelican also. I was wondering about the carbs on a '73 CSI motor. Are you sure that it is a CSI motor?

Last edited:

DaSurfa

Reaction score
DaSurfa,

This is your correct? You have it listed on Pelican also. I was wondering about the carbs on a '73 CSI motor. Are you sure that it is a CSI motor?

Yes, I asked same question when I was tuning my engine with new Pertronix couple years ago here on this forum. Found the engine serial 2263920 and contacted BMW and they came back with engine coming from an Italian 72 3.0csi. Guess previous owner took the injection system out and switched over to Weber. Looks like he did what you are doing with your 73 3.0csi as donor to your 71. Mine looks like he used a 72 3.0csi as donor car for my 71 2800csa.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/what-engine-do-i-have.11657/

_DSC5605_sm.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very cool, nice to clarify and remove any doubt!

BTW - you should win the award for majestic "for sale" pics!

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very cool, nice to clarify and remove any doubt!

BTW - you should win the award for majestic "for sale" pics!
Beautiful. I second the "majestic" for sale photos. I am not a fan of white cars, but if I was looking you would have had my full price wire transfer in hand yesterday. Steve

DaSurfa

Reaction score
Thank you so much guys! Sometimes being on this board feels like family and I'm really sad I have leave it.
Only reason I'm selling is cause I'm refinancing my home and one of the conditions was I pay off all my debt.
So anyone interested please give me offer.

Also, I have my 1983 Porshce 911sc that in beautiful condition for sale as well for $34,000 obo.
https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/5751607977.html

WP_20140329_12_53_54_zpsrniewlbo.jpg

As for the pics, they were done by my nephew who is a pro photographer for the night clubs here in Vegas.

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I like the Porsche too! Seems houses and land are the only things that cause us to part with our cars, otherwise I would have 2 e9's and after buying your Porsche, 2 Porsche's. That thing is beautiful!!

Best of luck!

floridabmx

Reaction score
Thats a sexy garage. I think you're low on the porsche. You should list that on BaT auctions. Maybe even the BMW too.

GeorgeB3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful pics. I wanted to know more about the Porsche, but link is expired. Any information appreciated. Hope the E9 sale goes well for you. Thanks, George.

DaSurfa

Reaction score
Hi George,
Sorry I just sold the Porsche yesterday to the local Porsche dealer, Gaudin Porsche of LV.
They actually contacted me after seeing my CL ad and were really interested in it due to it being all original and current condition.

My E9 is still available if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
David

runner

Reaction score
Hi George,
Sorry I just sold the Porsche yesterday to the local Porsche dealer, Gaudin Porsche of LV.
They actually contacted me after seeing my CL ad and were really interested in it due to it being all original and current condition.

My E9 is still available if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
David

GeorgeB3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale. It was such a pretty car I had to ask back when. I found the E9 that will hopefully end up here someday but life's events have overtaken me and put a halt to car activity. Good luck on the E9, a very nice looking car. My complements on the photography...maybe someday I'll have you take a pic of me...maybe even I'd look good :)

DaSurfa

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm not getting much interests for a solid E9 with almost no rust.

Last edited: