Big Thanks to bfeng

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
John Feng was over today for about three hours helping me put my front and rear glass in. Quite an adventure as I have never done it and John has but in 2002's and 320i's. I could not have done this without John's insight and suggestions. At one point I heard "let's fly HB Chris out here to help". Quite a learning curve but I am poised to pass on the favor. I also got to drive my first E9 since mine is not yet road worthy. Maybe it was the ST sway bars but nothing like my Bavaria, more like my M6.........awesome.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What a GREAT GUY John is.
I also have met with John in person and he is a true gentleman.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ll do anything for free coffee.

Or in this case I did it so I could finally meet BavBob’s super smart & amazingly gorgeous wife .. and I was not disappointed. I heard she has a sister...

But seriously, many years ago I witnessed HBChris’s generosity with Stan and the great white shark. That inspired me to become more of a “pay it forward,” car guy. It seems by far the most effective way to grow a community of strong support for our car’s.

And yes we have many role models in the E9 community beyond Chris: Stan, SFDON, Harry, etc.

John

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
and......when I had the chance to buy a beautiful 635 csi in 1992 when I was a poor schmuck with 100k in debt from school, guess who lent me the money!

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Let me guess: she married you because that was the only way she was going to collect on that loan?

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for including me with so many other members who are truly role models. The only role I'm capable of filling is what I've done for the last 50 years, Selling.
I love the challenge of finding that rare part that a member needs. I also take pride in selling the part at a fair price and sometimes at the price I paid for it.
I also enjoy sending parts that have very little value at no cost to fellow members only to find out that my son needed the part that I gave away.
That's what it's all about, " you do what you gotta do ".