Blaupunkt Radios

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here are two 72-74 vintage Blaupunkt Frankfurt Stereo radios. Early versions have a larger case and the later versions are smaller and fit easier in the A/C console panel. Both have seven pin DIN plugs on the rear: originally it was for a cassette player while the newer one also has a second Traffic Broadcast Decoder plug.

9D781163-5916-48D0-ADC0-7BEBFC3D85E8.jpeg
81095649-877E-47C4-ACE3-EF1C65816186.jpeg
BC6A46EC-1DE4-4A75-831B-4E7953A2868C.jpeg

The pics below show where the trigger for an electric antenna can be found. There is a tiny hole in the lower right corner in the first pic near the antenna and the second pic shows the hole for the set screw to hold the wire.

E618F8A1-0F3B-4810-9E0C-911B4C2D7D4D.jpeg
92AE097E-9328-403D-9EDB-8EA7AF1AC5F6.jpeg

The newer radio also has a trigger terminal but it is a small spade next to the Red main power wire. Also note the second DIN plug in this radio.

960CC141-23C9-4780-9D99-8AADBE9FCF3A.jpeg

Both radios were restored by Creative Car Audio Shop (www.creativecaraudioshop.com) in Brea, CA. The owner, Massoud, is very knowledgeable on vintage Blaupunkt and Becker radios and was a joy to work with and has many parts and trim pieces needed for these radios. These radios needed bulbs, several capacitors, a variable resistor and he also calibrated the presets and cleaned everything up. I highly recommend him!

Last edited:

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Totally thrown off by the lack of quarter sawed oak in the images. Is it really you?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love learning something new. I have a Frankfurt radio that I plan on using in The Raven. But now I wonder which case size it is... I may have to dig it out of the storage shelves (which may be a half a day's effort)... Thanks for the great photos.

UPDATE: I have photos of my Frankfurt and it is the smaller case version. :cool:

Last edited:

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here are two 72-74 vintage Blaupunkt Frankfurt Stereo radios. Early versions have a larger case and the later versions are smaller and fit easier in the A/C console panel. Both have seven pin DIN plugs on the rear: originally it was for a cassette player while the newer one also has a second Traffic Broadcast Decoder plug.

View attachment 149905View attachment 149906View attachment 149907

The pics below show where the trigger for an electric antenna can be found. There is a tiny hole in the lower right corner in the first pic near the antenna and the second pic shows the hole for the set screw to hold the wire.

View attachment 149908View attachment 149909

The newer radio also has a trigger terminal but it is a small spade next to the Red main power wire. Also note the second DIN plug in this radio.

View attachment 149910

Both radios were restored by Creative Car Audio Shop (www.creativecaraudioshop.com) in Brea, CA. The owner, Massoud, is very knowledgeable on vintage Blaupunkt and Becker radios and was a joy to work with and has many parts and trim pieces needed for these radios. These radios needed bulbs, several capacitors, a variable resistor and he also calibrated the presets and cleaned everything up. I highly recommend him!
How much are this? why there is no price tag