BMW e9 3.0 CSL Carburetor NOS New Old Stock

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Baskenland, 80331 München - Altstadt

Baskenland ? that is the basque country, my place, certainly not at munich !!!,... is this a joke from the seller ? :)

be aware of that carb i see no tag on it, but many additions as the fuel return valve, incorrect choke mechanism,...and the uber strange membrane actuated lateral valve
my bet is for an US version, doubt it to be a CSL

BTW,...take a look to the real deal:
https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/f...-zenith-inat-35-40-carburettor-1255950.27179/

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Baskenland, 80331 München - Altstadt

Baskenland ? that is the basque country, my place, certainly not at munich !!!,... is this a joke from the seller ? :)

be aware of that carb i see no tag on it, but many additions as the fuel return valve, incorrect choke mechanism,...and the uber strange membrane actuated lateral valve
my bet is for an US version, doubt it to be a CSL

BTW,...take a look to the real deal:
https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/f...-zenith-inat-35-40-carburettor-1255950.27179/

He is the same guy selling the Petri wheel. On his replies to me there was this, “Enviado: miércoles, 13 de diciembre de 2017 15:43:01” indicating Spanish location?

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, it seems very odd. There are several things that seem unusual about the ad. I've never heard of a 'local section' of eBay, though such a thing is possible I suppose. The mix of Spanish terms in what is supposed to be a Munich local ad is also peculiar.

I didn't want to contaminate DeQ's thread for his very nice carb with something controversial that would derail the discussion, hence the separate post.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've never heard of a 'local section' of eBay, though such a thing is possible I suppose.

It is very real. Ebay also owns a number of other European classifieds that haven’t been rebranded. They also own mobile.de and Kijiji.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sure, but that begs the question of why a part with such a narrow market would be advertised in a local venue vs broadcast widely on regular ebay. Psst, Hey buddy, wanna buy a carburetor? It's a real good one, work perfect for you I bet....

Perhaps the fees are less.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
price is cheap, see wally&nelly here:

upload_2017-12-15_12-13-40.png