BMW Takes Flight - Lyon Air Museum, Santa Ana, CA

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
1622420107353.png

I just registered for this. Any one else in SoCAL interested??? HB Chris, will your E9 be on the road by then?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I will be out of town that day but a bunch of the OC guys will be there. Visitors are always welcome at my garage though.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good times at the Lyon Air Museum in SoCal yesterday. Great seeing some gorgeous coupes and other classic Bimmers around this B-25 bomber. My Dad flew a B-25 like this one in the Air Force many years ago -- it was really special seeing this plane up close. - TomView attachment 121291
Tom,

My father-in-law was a B-25 flight instructor during the war. He just passed May 29 at 99 years old. I wonder if your dad was one of his his students. We had the pleasure of having a lengthy personal tour of a B-25 by him many years ago at Andrew’s AFB. I wouldn’t have wanted to be a gunner curled up in really tight quarters firing at the enemy.

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Norm! My condolences for your loss -- your father-in-law must have been a fascinating man. No, he would not have trained my father since it was post-war. Dad went on to fly B-29s and other big Air Force planes, but he especially loved the B-25 for its tremendous power. I can imagine Doolittle and his Raiders using that power to launch their fully loaded B-25s from the USS Hornet! What an incredible airplane with such a rich history.

Thanks for sharing about your father-in-law's service. He was certainly part of the Greatest Generation. RIP

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did Kyle take a ton of pics and does he have a link set up yet? Please let us know if and when he does. Surprised only a couple pics of event so far.