Brake calipers and rotors source

steve

Reaction score
Wheres a good source to get front calipers and some nice rotors that are drilled and slotted?

I know its been beating to death but I have to ask again. Has anybody come up with an upgrade option for the brake system?

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Brake ugrades

FWIW--Are you tracking your E-9? Or how much have you actually driven your CS?

Based on just over 500K miles and 34+ years in these old guys--I have never experienced brake fade in those many miles of mountain, freeway or surface road driving conditions including much spirited running--but no abuse of the BLUMAX--

IMHO unless you are racing your Coupe in vintage races--spending big $'s for brake upgrades for the E-9 is a waste of money.

steve

Reaction score
Just the occasional track day. Not really looking to spend a lot. Just suprised that nobody has come up with a way to use calipers off a newer BMW. Just because a lot of parts seem to interchange.

But the calipers and rotors I was asking about about where to get are the stock ones.

I thought somebody posted a while back a pretty good price for rebuilt calipers for like $100 or so.

Also a source for some nice looking rotors that are drilled.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
The carrier systems are different in newer BMWs, hence they don't fit. Plus, it seems like my CS brakes a heck of a lot better than my 540. I was able to get a caliper rebuild kit for like 50$ from BMW a few weeks ago; they feel like new.

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Autozone sells rebuilt Teves front calipers cheap. You just need to order the right ones, either with or without the spacer for vented rotors.

Speaking of which -- if you don't have vented front rotors, that's a good upgrade to install. My early e12 has CS vented front rotors and calipers, and it has no fading issues on track days.