Broken wire

Lawrence Platt

Site Donor
Reaction score
I found the molded end of my coil wire has become detached and I am having a really hard time finding a replacement. Any help would be much appreciated. I can find replacement with straight ends but I really would like that 90 degree fitting on the diz end

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 29
I found the molded end of my coil wire has become detached and I am having a really hard time finding a replacement. Any help would be much appreciated. I can find replacement with straight ends but I really would like that 90 degree fitting on the diz end
have you checked with somebody like Carl Nelson? <edit - 2002haus deleted>

Last edited:
Looks like Kingsborne no longer sells direct because their website redirects to Walker auto parts. Another vendor bites the dust. They definitely used to sell right angle plugs.

Is it the Motronic style with the one-time snap pin, removable round pin or threaded?
Can you disconnect wire from 90 degree end without damaging wire?
Early small or later large diameter cap connection.
Have a box of assorted ends, although recall most were blue from BMW

I may have my old one, will check..........all my wires are Kingsborne 8mm so it's sad if NLA, nice product priced fairly.

Is it the Motronic style with the one-time snap pin, removable round pin or threaded?
Can you disconnect wire from 90 degree end without damaging wire?
Early small or later large diameter cap connection.
Have a box of assorted ends, although recall most were blue from BMW
I am not quite sure I know enough to answer your questions. I do now realize I have not given enough information. I have a 73 CS and this is the coil to distributor wire. The wire has molded ends and the straight end that goes into the coil has come off. Replacing the set with straight ends at the distributor doesn't seem to leave enough room under the hood. It also doesn't look as nice as the 90 degree ends.

Not sure what you mean by small or large cap connection. Are you referring to the size of the cap? I ordered new cap and rotor and received too small rotor and cap. Too small by almost an inch in diameter. So was there a smaller distributor in earlier cars? I never thought I would feel so uninformed about a simple tune up for a car.

Have you tried snipping the end of the exposed wire and reattaching the boot? They’re design to be removable.

Back