Buyer & seller beware of forum member NAITO...!!!!!!!

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
to all forum members...!!!!

This member is allegedly based in Tokyo Japan,
Naito Auto Engineering ..

Story from start to finish...

naito requested a part for his csl, I met a seller at a classic car show you had this part and was willing to sell to the 1st person that put down a deposit.
Naito wanted the part and we agreed that I would put down the deposit on his behalf to secure the part and complete the deal when he wires me over the full payment.

I chased naito for full payment, with out any success and he requested proof of deposit from me, I mis-laid the receipt, but I forwarded the seller full contact details to naito and still no payment from him.
Naito said he had friends in London , UK, I requested them to complete the sale on naito behalf and deal directly with the seller and when they have completed the purchase , naito can refund my deposit to me or his friends in London can.
I have emailed naito, no reply....and his friends have not contacted me.

I have lost my deposit of £500 and the seller has now sold the part.

Me doing a favour for a forum member has cost me money and headache.

My experience with naito , will not stop me from helping, locating parts for members on this forum.

Regards
Sandhu

Looking at naito profile.....he's now based in the USA...this guy gets around ...

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
"I have lost my deposit of £500 and the seller has now sold the part."

Should/ could the seller not return the deposit after having sold the part elsewhere? Holding onto your deposit sounds very unfair, specially if he has sold the part and knew you were only helping out both parties. (was it the Alu trunk?)
After all , the E9 community is fairly small ( in each respective country) and 'we' know each other reasonably well.
It would be difficult if the seller was abroad, but locally.....

I hope there is a happy end to this incident Sandhu and hopefully Naito comes up with an explanation.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi keshav

The seller clearly stated it was a non -refundable deposit, and the seller sold the part minus my deposit and the buyer got a bargain and the seller got his full asking price ,
I lost £500 and you live & learn.

A man that breaks his word , is dirt at the bottom of my shoe!!!

Time to go and drive the E9 cars like I stole them !!!!