Can anyone ID this?

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
It was located under the battery shelf in my CS.
IMG_3425.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Charcoal cannister that traps gas tank fumes, then is sucked into carburetor when engine is running. Attaches to the plastic vent accumulator tank in the trunk via a long blue (and often brittle/cracked) plastic hose from trunk, into interior, out the passenger firewall and across to driver side then down to the cannister. Then a small hose goes from that up to the stock air cleaner. I eliminated mine as it is a frequent source of gas odors.

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
Charcoal cannister that traps gas tank fumes, then is sucked into carburetor when engine is running. Attaches to the plastic vent accumulator tank in the trunk via a long blue (and often brittle/cracked) plastic hose from trunk, into interior, out the passenger firewall and across to driver side then down to the cannister. Then a small hose goes from that up to the stock air cleaner. I eliminated mine as it is a frequent source of gas odors.
Thanks!!

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like the PO had already rerouted the blue hose to exit out the trunk floor. It never went to the carbs most likely as they were now Webers. I removed the hose and canister from the engine bay. Thanks again.