check out that steering wheel

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That's great..
Never seen a hexagonal plywood Petri tribute wheel before.
Might have to find one.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
real question though... whats that on the floor of the rear passenger seat? looks like a slide plate ITB

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The color says Yellow but it looks more like gold (Ceylon) to me. Not sure if I have ever seen a Ceylon Bavaria. What color does it look like to you guys?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
real question though... whats that on the floor of the rear passenger seat? looks like a slide plate ITB
I see some carbs, carb linkage and a mother of all cup holders!

rear-seat.png

rear-seat2.png

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The color says Yellow but it looks more like gold (Ceylon) to me. Not sure if I have ever seen a Ceylon Bavaria. What color does it look like to you guys?
Yeah, I'm with you, that's a color I can't place and it's look original based on the door jams, etc...

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
Definitely Ceylon. If it we're closer I would snap it up.

If someone buys it and parts it, I could use some stuff.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arizona car, probably not too rusty. Looks like it is all pretty much there. This would be a big project but you could be one of the few, proud, Ceylon Bavaria owners in North America, probably the world. Not a big fan of that color myself, but a lot of people don't like Golf...so, whatever. Dash looks pretty Arizona Sun/Roached out. Hopefully someone on here buys it and fixes it up instead of parting it. At least a four speed, maybe 5 in there.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
There was a ceylon bag for sale in Canada a few months back. Much worse shape than this one. O would love to take this project on.

One thing about AZ cars is that the interior is very brittle.

Dowst

Reaction score
I get what you are hoping for (me too), but I think whatever that plate is, it looks to be too long to be a slide throttle setup, or ITB either. Those would be enormous throttle plates.