Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Still have some left $30.00 each plus shipping
C96C2DAB-55C4-4F56-963D-7FF975993FD0-1238-000001D1E110296A_zpscd4edf79.jpg

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a course to make the blanks but I need one inane condition for a sample. I have sold all of mine.
Anybody???
Thanks in advance

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stan-About 35 years ago I bought the Euro bumper for my 2002. I got the bumper lights and removed the horseshoe lights from both sides of the license plate. When I bought the '73 CS with the 2 1/2 MPH extended bumper in Dec.2018, one of the first things that had to go were those horseshoe lights. And those plastic blanks had about a million scratches in them! I bought the chromed brass Euro panel and the bumper lights. There was a hole in the body where the wires came through for the bumper lights. Then I bought the CoupeKing license holder and used a pair of chrome carriage bolts to fill the Euro plate holes. If only the CS project was finished with that custom touch....Today I got the rear bumper back from the metal plater,along with a re-chromed lower horn. So, if you need a plastic bumper blank, I have a couple for you. The rear of the car looks a little different today.

Attachments

• IMG_2172.JPG
    IMG_2172.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_7964.JPG
    IMG_7964.JPG
    524 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1560(1).jpg
    IMG_1560(1).jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 187

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another odyssey! My nephew is making the bumper blanks this week. The new challenge is finding a shop to chrome plate the plastic. When I made these a few years back a place in Santa Ana did but they do not any more. First new place I tried will not do plastic. Their dip tank is too hot, the gave me another name M&M in south Orange County - they would but at a cost of $75 - $100 EACH PIECE !!
I continue to search.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What price point is too high??? Still searching for another plater. If anyone can point me in the direction of a shop that can plate plastic, please reach out to me. Is $50.00 each too high? I think $100 each is ridiculous but if you need and don't have...
I won't be making a bunch to only have them sit in a drawer.
@sfdon @Mario L.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’ll look next week when I get home. I’m river rafting the Clark Fork Alberton Gorge this weekend. Any coupes in Missoula?

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stan--Did your nephew receive the scratched original bumper blanks I mailed to him ? My bumper is now complete. Drew

Attachments

• IMG_1797(1).jpg
    IMG_1797(1).jpg
    306 KB · Views: 171

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Another odyssey! My nephew is making the bumper blanks this week. The new challenge is finding a shop to chrome plate the plastic. When I made these a few years back a place in Santa Ana did but they do not any more. First new place I tried will not do plastic. Their dip tank is too hot, the gave me another name M&M in south Orange County - they would but at a cost of $75 - $100 EACH PIECE !!
I continue to search.
Stan, what if you sold these unchromed and left it up to the buyers to get them chromed?

John

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would buy them unchromed.

Let me call around here to see if our local shops would take it on.

Stan, what kind of plastic, and what’s the temp restriction?

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You might try motorcycle shops—lots of small chrome pieces. The one I used to use doesn’t do plastic. He said he’d try to find a receipt from a project & let me know.