Chrome front belt trim

ratso70

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm selling the chrome front belt trim for a 3.0. It's in good condition and not mangled! $125 + shipping from NY.

Attachments

• IMG_9745.JPEG
    IMG_9745.JPEG
    530.1 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_9746.JPEG
    IMG_9746.JPEG
    492.2 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_9747.JPEG
    IMG_9747.JPEG
    531.3 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_9748.JPEG
    IMG_9748.JPEG
    412.4 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_9750.JPEG
    IMG_9750.JPEG
    227.6 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_9751.JPEG
    IMG_9751.JPEG
    302.7 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_9752.JPEG
    IMG_9752.JPEG
    398.9 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_9753.JPEG
    IMG_9753.JPEG
    361.6 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_9754.JPEG
    IMG_9754.JPEG
    446.5 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_9755.JPEG
    IMG_9755.JPEG
    435.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_9756.JPEG
    IMG_9756.JPEG
    404 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_9749.JPEG
    IMG_9749.JPEG
    319.5 KB · Views: 323

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just want to comment on the beautiful presentation. The chrome trim piece (which looks to be in really nice condition) balanced gingerly on the stone sill of an old brick building. The hinge detail of the historic steel window contrasts smartly with the polished aluminum. :cool:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What would you do shipped to 30263?
Autokunst, I would add the lovingly hand painted paper plate with the intricate heart, the name Morgan, and other flourishes in the window. And it's good to know when the chrome strip is safe inside it is protected by ADT Security.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Autokunst, I would add the lovingly hand painted paper plate with the intricate heart, the name Morgan, and other flourishes in the window. And it's good to know when the chrome strip is safe inside it is protected by ADT Security.
For the record, I was being sincere. You don't see steel windows too often these days, except on older original applications, or newer VERY expensive homes. This original example is pretty cool. GLWS. :)

Mpower5266

Reaction score

I really dont need the paper plate, but I might be interested in the trim. Haha

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
30 years ago, two guys in black t-shirts selling car parts out of a presumed Brooklyn alley would have received a completely different response.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
30 years ago, two guys in black t-shirts selling car parts out of a presumed Brooklyn alley would have received a completely different response.
Autokunst, I too was sincere. I love the whole setting. When we replaced all the large and small windows in our house a couple of years ago I wanted metal frames. Financially it was wood frame by Pella.

And so right you are Jay. In the 50s my father lent his car to a cousin in Brooklyn. Someone had to stay up all night seated in a light window watching the car.
Today, not so tawdry. And who needs cars when there is uber and lyft and their ilk.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just want to comment on the beautiful presentation. The chrome trim piece (which looks to be in really nice condition) balanced gingerly on the stone sill of an old brick building. The hinge detail of the historic steel window contrasts smartly with the polished aluminum. :cool:
i was thinking the same thing ... architects thinking a like. now if that had been a gorgeous, scantily clad women in that photo ... neither of us would have noticed the steel window.

ratso70

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m not sure how I missed all the commentary about the photo location. Not the easiest thing to prop up to get a good shot of it! Those windows were across from the garage I rented in Brooklyn Heights. It’s an awesome building on a very unique street!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’m not sure how I missed all the commentary about the photo location. Not the easiest thing to prop up to get a good shot of it! Those windows were across from the garage I rented in Brooklyn Heights. It’s an awesome building on a very unique street!
Brooklyn Heights, that's a $2,000. windowsill. Any photos of the 'hood?

skb

Reaction score
If the trim is still available, I'm interested if you can quote a price to send to Seattle.