Claimed 16K Bavaria for sale

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
16K miles, probably not! To most non-vintage BMW guys, they tend to ignorantly ignore that these odometers read in 5 digits only. So most of these "ultra low mileage" cars have turned over 99,999 one or more times.

Seats don't sag or get ripped after only original 16,000 miles no matter how old the car is.

vraned

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
+1. Maybe I'm just wearing my e9 hat, but the owner of a 40 year old 16k car would not tolerate those seats, or the crooked rear arm rest strap. I have a 72 Bav, but am no expert; were Bavs available in the US with manual windows? Is this really a 2500, or 2800?

vraned

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Murray. That is good to know. Yet another reason I should be paying more attention to my languishing, but high-option, E3. All I need is a second income.

m_thompson

Reaction score
You could probably check with the state registry to see the miles that were recorded each time it had a safety inspection. There may even be service records from when the car was new that might give a clue about the actual miles. Looks nice even it if has 116,000 miles on it.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Regarding mileage, there was a comment on the BAT post indicating these cars have a hidden 6th gear/wheel (100's of thousands) that could be inspected to determine whether it has rolled over 100,000 or not. I thought that was very interesting. Can anyone confirm that?

oldcoupe

Reaction score
Phantom Gearwheel

Rushed out to the garage to check the speedo from my 3.0S parts car, and I couldn't spot another cog beyond the visible tens of thousands one. Pity - a great story.

Does anyone else think the Bav instruments are a lot better than the CS? I kept a set with the idea of "one day" trying to install them in the CS - sacrilege maybe?

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Regarding mileage, there was a comment on the BAT post indicating these cars have a hidden 6th gear/wheel (100's of thousands) that could be inspected to determine whether it has rolled over 100,000 or not. I thought that was very interesting. Can anyone confirm that?

it is total bull****