Complete Toolkit on BaT

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying Chris. So if I could find a true original cloth from 1974 I would be allowed to display it in the tool kit of my 1974 Italian delivery CS.

The thread that Chris cites above is seriously funny.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a blue original cloth in the original BMW package but I'm missing all the rest. Just joking I have about 70 tools sitting on my workbench.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a blue original cloth in the original BMW package but I'm missing all the rest. Just joking I have about 70 tools sitting on my workbench.
Harry, an original cloth in the original BMW package with Hans and Frans' fingerprints all over it would give the Shroud of Turin a run for its money.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
The ad says "will fit all models except the CSL". Huh? Actually in Citipack CSLs these were the same tool kits.
I wonder did the LHD or true BATs have different tool kits?

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am no expert, but it appears, APPEARS to have a later 17/19 open end? The pictures are not comprehensive in my opinion. That said, without better pictures, the mentioned wrench should have more relief among other features? I believe the bar for the plug socket didn't have that extra "step" on the opposite end until later? I don't know for sure so I have no business commenting over at BaT but just a topic for discussion here?

Attachments

• DSCF9728.JPG
    DSCF9728.JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 130

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Like this. The tools might not have the correct configuration but this is the simple tool roll for non city package Csl’s.
627C6926-C5E3-49BC-969D-B9B3FD0FD74F.jpeg

1F005147-EAE4-4C4F-8D38-8BCC823654BA.jpeg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keshav,

That lug wrench looks like a later 17mm e24 style? The parts book says water pump pliers, three wrenches (17x19, 13x14 and 8x10) and socket wrench. No small pliers, pin or screwdriver and the pin also looks later then e9. I also think the tool roll should be the 2002 style with contrasting trim. What do you think?

Chris

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keshav,

That lug wrench looks like a later 17mm e24 style? The parts book says water pump pliers, three wrenches (17x19, 13x14 and 8x10) and socket wrench. No small pliers, pin or screwdriver and the pin also looks later then e9. I also think the tool roll should be the 2002 style with contrasting trim. What do you think?

Chris

I specifically asked and was assured, to my surprise, that it is the simple all black vinyl roll (no colored piping) with the cotton lace type to tie it up.
Regarding the tools, I’m was sure they aren’t the correct ones and thanks for pointing out which ones they should be. I’ll remove accordingly and search in the tool tray for the missing ones, collected over the decades. I must admit that these tools in the car are practically never used (by me), more so for trying to get it all together....

Chris, Thanks for the fine tuning...... that’s what makes this forum brilliant.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have an original light blue cloth that came with my '73 bavaria, that i bought in '84. almost a light baby blue color