Coronaviris (COVID19): Today 02/27/20 will be the US game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Right Arde, when they heard the entire population of Norway was arriving in 30 days they built an all-suite hotel just for them. Finished it early, day 27.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
a76ea283-cbc3-4faf-8ccd-60709404dc3f.jpg

Bearmw

Reaction score
Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here's a perfect example of the timeless question, who did the survey. How were the questions phrased? How valid are internet surveys, I have no idea?

The AAPS asks for donations, we take paypal. Suggest you google reviews of the Association. Described as a lobbying group with a bias against government. Read the Atlantic Monthly article.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love the hubris.

This is an interesting survey.

Sorry. No, this is not an interesting survey. A quick search on who the people who published this “survey” reveals that;

“The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative non-profit association that promotes medical disinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy. The association was founded in 1943 to oppose a government attempt to nationalize health care. The group has included notable members, including American Republican politicians Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Tom Price.”

Bearmw

Reaction score
I find all points of view interesting and as another data point I recently recovered from Covid and received no treatment nor was I advised by my medical provider to seek any. She said she had Covid as well. I'm 59.

As a foot note years ago I was prescribed Vioxx and Accutane at another time. Interesting to see what happened with each of those medications.

Last edited:

Markos

Conspirator
Staff member
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I find all points of view interesting and as another data point I recently recovered from Covid and received no treatment nor was I advised by my medical provider to seek any. She said she had Covid as well. I'm 59.

I suspect that your datapoint-of-1 is biasing your opinion on the lethality of covid. 41 million americans has contracted COVID and “only” 666,000 have died. There are literally millions of people in the US that had nothing burger covid cases. That doesn’t change the fact that the disease is crushing our hospitals. By the end of 2021 COVID will have surpassed the Spanish Flu stats, becoming the most deadly pandemic in US history.

FD56220A-D0D3-4229-BBE2-1CAA3A58A5B7.jpeg

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is quite possible we will see the introduction of some form of proof of vaccination documentation here in Australia.

Scenario 1 - Person enters coffee shop and is halted at the counter being asked for his proof of vaccination docs' by the young lady waiter. He doesn't have it so now it's on the waiter to refuse service and deal / cope with the response.
Scenario 2 - Person enters coffee shop and is halted at the counter being asked for his proof of vaccination docs' by the young lady waiter. They produce a vacc' form. It's known that there are bogus forms downloadable from the internet so the waiter is required to verify by asking for photo ID and checking the veracity of the form on a buggy gov't website. . Meanwhile a queue of patrons is waiting just to get a coffee.
Scenario 3 - Person enters coffee shop and is halted at the counter being asked for his proof of vaccination docs' by the young lady waiter. He waves a form at her and she let's him sit. Later it's found that the patron has covid and that the form was bogus. Contact tracing reveals his attendance at the coffee shop and that the waiter was remiss in checking his docs'.

Okay, this assumes an awkward and poorly implemented proof of vaccination arrangement. I'm sure that the government, in its wisdom and foresight, has a far easier and refined system ready to be implemented. They do......haven't they? No surely?

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is quite possible we will see the introduction of some form of proof of vaccination documentation here in Australia.

Scenario 1 - Person enters coffee shop and is halted at the counter being asked for his proof of vaccination docs' by the young lady waiter. He doesn't have it so now it's on the waiter to refuse service and deal / cope with the response.
Scenario 2 - Person enters coffee shop and is halted at the counter being asked for his proof of vaccination docs' by the young lady waiter. They produce a vacc' form. It's known that there are bogus forms downloadable from the internet so the waiter is required to verify by asking for photo ID and checking the veracity of the form on a buggy gov't website. . Meanwhile a queue of patrons is waiting just to get a coffee.
Scenario 3 - Person enters coffee shop and is halted at the counter being asked for his proof of vaccination docs' by the young lady waiter. He waves a form at her and she let's him sit. Later it's found that the patron has covid and that the form was bogus. Contact tracing reveals his attendance at the coffee shop and that the waiter was remiss in checking his docs'.

Okay, this assumes an awkward and poorly implemented proof of vaccination arrangement. I'm sure that the government, in its wisdom and foresight, has a far easier and refined system ready to be implemented. They do......haven't they? No surely?
When I was in Isreal,every time I went into a restaurant or from the eating area to the bathroom (the loo) I was patted down by an armed guard. Then when exiting the loo, I was patted down again - I guess they saw "The Godfather" no Michael Corleone move there.
Scenario 4 - at the door of the coffee shop an armed guard asked for your proof of vaccination....

Arde

Reaction score
When I was in Isreal,every time I went into a restaurant or from the eating area to the bathroom (the loo) I was patted down by an armed guard. Then when exiting the loo, I was patted down again - I guess they saw "The Godfather" no Michael Corleone move there.
Scenario 4 - at the door of the coffee shop an armed guard asked for your proof of vaccination....
That is precisely why they put an RFID chip in the vaccine! You can prove vaccination as you walk by. Bill Gates is a genius, unless you ask Melinda.

Markos

Conspirator
Staff member
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought politics was verboten here.

Please be more specific. If there is a problem post for you feel free to shoot me a PM.

Despite many being unable to segregate public health from politics, I consider this a health thread. I’ve deleted or truncated about 100 posts in this thread that delved too far into the political arena.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought politics was verboten here.
It is curious that you use "verboten".

I was, admittedly, skirting the edge of politics, which is frankly unavoidable sometimes.
My post was meant to slightly expand the covid subject and take it down the track to future possibilities. After all, the thread is titled - "Coronaviris (COVID19): Today 02/27/20 will be the US game changer." And covid passports, ( or whatever they will be called ), will be a societal game changer with many follow on ramifications, wherever they are implemented.

In shortened form - Is it unfair, if that is the term, for an end of the line worker to bear responsibility for checking covid vaccination bona fides?

However, in the interest of helping out MTW, if the hypothetical is too political then please delete or edit at your discretion. As a member of the club I agree to abide by its rules and the directions of its administrators.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Why can’t there be automated machines eat the coffee house entrance where you scan your vaccine doc? If you fail, you get an obnoxious beep. And this machine also doubles as part of the contact tracing system. It this knows if you have been violating the rules, and you get a govt fine in the mail. Haven’t they implemented this sort of thing in a number of Asian countries?

Markos

Conspirator
Staff member
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is curious that you use "verboten".

I was, admittedly, skirting the edge of politics, which is frankly unavoidable sometimes.
My post was meant to slightly expand the covid subject and take it down the track to future possibilities. After all, the thread is titled - "Coronaviris (COVID19): Today 02/27/20 will be the US game changer." And covid passports, ( or whatever they will be called ), will be a societal game changer with many follow on ramifications, wherever they are implemented.

In shortened form - Is it unfair, if that is the term, for an end of the line worker to bear responsibility for checking covid vaccination bona fides?

However, in the interest of helping out MTW, if the hypothetical is too political then please delete or edit at your discretion. As a member of the club I agree to abide by its rules and the directions of its administrators.

I had no political takeaways from your prior post. You are discussing logistics not policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.