Coronaviris (COVID19): Today 02/27/20 will be the US game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arde

Reaction score
Ahh math. According to my purchase price and BaT auctions on rust buckets, my e9 has increased 533% in value. It still isn’t worth sh!t though.
Math is not dead, and it is not even math - Faux Faulkner
It is statistics. The interesting one is the ratio between ICU vaccinated vs. ICU unvaccinated patients normalized to vaccinated vs. unvaccinated people of the same age bracket in the general population sampled 3-4 weeks before the question is asked.
More subtly we need the ICU new arrivals, not the ICU patients, otherwise profiles that die faster than the other will be underrepresented.

In short, nobody knows shit.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Near our peak of the Delta surge, our local hospital system published data that showed 8/113 in the ICU were vaccinated. In other words, 93% were unvaccinated.

We had mostly Moderna shots in our area. Pfizer (which they used in Israel) is less effective, but with a booster it is very effective.

Your mileage may vary....

Arde

Reaction score
Here we go again. The FDA does not approve the Moderna booster because the increase from the second dose is too small by 0.5% of people (87.9 to 88.4).
That is wrong. Moderna penalized because their product is better in the first place?
Also, the most interesting case is the one SFDon and Scott C. agreed and Don did on his own, use a Moderna booster on top of the more common and weaker Pfizer! They say there is no data, so do that experiment and get the data. The intuition and precedent argues that diversity helps. Do you think the immune system reads the vials labels and says that part is not OEM! Do you insist on the same manufacturer for the yearly flu vaccines they push on you even when you do an oil change?

If you ask me it is politics, maybe combined with the fact that there is excess stock of Pfizer vaccines that will soon expire.
I shared my story of when I was unnecessarily vaccinated for Meningitis with expired vaccines because my country bought expired vaccines from another country? Deja vu all over again.

Some days I am so discouraged by the system that I think the virus is winning deservedly.

"Moderna said the mean antibody level of participants in its study was 1.8 times higher after the booster than it was after the second shot. In another measurement, the booster raised neutralizing antibodies at least fourfold in 87.9 percent of people compared to after the second dose, thus narrowly failing to meet the agency’s requirement of 88.4 percent."

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
We all knew this would happen. Covid19 has affected Halloween 2021.

Covid.jpg

sfdon

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve had five jabs- Pfizer, Pfizer, Pfizer Booster and then Moderna, Moderna.
28 flights this year mostly to texas and northern Idaho. Next trip is Mideast in a a few weeks. Everywhere I go is a hotbed of COVID infection. I’m not going down easy. Put up a fight- it’s important.

Markos

Conspirator
Staff member
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
28 flights this year mostly to texas and northern Idaho. Next trip is Mideast in a a few weeks. Everywhere I go is a hotbed of COVID infection. I’m not going down easy. Put up a fight- it’s important.

Yikes!

First school shut down in my kid’s district. 26 cases in 10 days. 260 kids in quarantine in a school of 500. Our school is tracking fairly consistently with about five cases a week.

I’m totally up for a booster after getting shot #2 in April. Unfortunately Asthma isn’t serious enough to warrant a booster. Current or past smokers are on the list…

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Reaction score
Let them know about your Hansen’s disease from your pet armadillo.
Millions of unused doses in US. Get it before it expires.

Arde

Reaction score
An engine builder who must have built a hundred 15MPG M30 engines not subject to smog test and has consumed five mRNA vaccines... Thedros and Greta Thunberg have sfdon's picture in their refrigerators!

sfdon

Site Donor
Reaction score
The NIH study found that an additional dose of the same vaccine as the primary series boosted antibody levels 4- to 20-fold, while mixing and matching primary vaccines and booster doses boosted antibody levels 6- to 76-fold.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I can’t prove I’m immunocompromised though. Approval should come soon, I would rather not mix my cocktails.
I would bet that if you fill out the form online and go in you will get the booster.
The form I filled out for our local Grocery/Pharmacy was a check the box. Of course my age helps (barely).
I would certainly try it.
Moderna Booster.png

steve in reno

Reaction score
If you are a care giver or there is a person in your house-hold that has a serious immuno D it still counts for your need to be vaccinated.
And you make contact with a large number of people everyday. I can attest to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.