Coupe For Sale (SF)

bimmerbros

Reaction score
I have a few unique 2000CS/3.0CS coupes available.....

in the san francisco bay area starting at $10,900 for the black 2000CS, $11,900 for the baikal blue CSI [that needs some love but a strong platform] $18,900 for baikal blue CSi, $26,900 for yellow CS and somewhere near $55k for the very special white one. See this link for photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/evanesterman and feel free to call me directly at 650-307-2251. Regards, Evan

[Broken External Image]:http://lh4.ggpht.com/_eaCvc2cafig/SWT-_LMTsXI/AAAAAAAARus/T1wwazh8VEM/s640/lfBird.jpg
[Broken External Image]:http://lh5.ggpht.com/_eaCvc2cafig/Rog29_bxSKI/AAAAAAAADLs/C09uPMlIXlQ/s640/lfBird.jpg
[Broken External Image]:http://lh4.ggpht.com/_eaCvc2cafig/SB9p1rIqGdI/AAAAAAAAJPo/JjwYYHK206o/s640/lf.jpg
3e81b45e89f48afb724194e79560adeb.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://lh3.ggpht.com/_eaCvc2cafig/SHjgmDZ-JsI/AAAAAAAALvE/jM02mHl2bAU/s640/lfBird.jpg

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Caveat Emptor - BUYER BEWARE. Do not buy without a personal inspection, do not listen to what the buyer says, use the utmost caution at every stage of a transaction. Spoken from painful experience, very painful.

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Haven't the blue one with Alpina's and the yellow one been for sale before? Or perhaps for sale for a very long time. I seem to remember seeing these 2 years ago..

acat2002

Reaction score
I had mentioned something similar when Bimmerbros posted in the General Discussion forum.........
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4607&start=0

acat2002 said:
bimmerbros said:
in the san francisco bay area starting at $10,900 for the black 2000CS, $11,900 for the baikal blue CSI [that needs some love but a strong platform] $18,900 for baikal blue CSi, $26,900 for yellow CS and somewhere near $55k for the very special white one.
- shameless plug I remember seeing that Golf car on eBay several times over the past year or so. No bites?, you mean Chic didn't see the incredible value there?

I have a ride-on lawn tractor I'm looking to sell. Paid $1,200 4 years ago. Will sacrifice for $1,500. Also, I have a three lugnuts and a bent rim that I'd consider selling if the price was right.....and if you're truly desperate, I'll sell you my Merc ML55 with more miles than the space shuttle for $15,000.

Sorry bimmerbros, it was sort of a layup :wink: I'm up late working and am getting a little cranky.

Seriously though, be patient and keep looking. Don't be afraid to pony up strong money for the right car. Valuation aside, spend the most money you can possibly afford to buy the very best example you can find. That means spend money to have a qualified vintage car expert familar with coupes look at it......thoroughly. No matter how cool you think the car is when you look at it, the festival of pain begins when you figure out what it truly costs to restore (or unrestore in some cases) these cars.

If you spend $5k on a coupe, it may cost you $20k to make it a "driver" and $40k to make it "average" (if the body cooperates). Conversely, spend over $30k on a properly restored and documented car and you'll enjoy ownership much more. I'm relatively new to coupe ownership and don't want to come across as the "Yoda" of coupedom and there are people on this board that can testify far more reliably on the matter, but I believe this to be true.

It took me more than a year of dilligent searching. I went through various phases. Education, trying to understand "value" of these cars, dissapointment, more education, denial (thinking I could be satisfied with a bondo-queen if the price was right). Love my coupe, but if I had to do it over again, I'd have hoarded more money for another year and bought a truly exceptional example. - FWIW

Good Luck :D

bimmerbros

Reaction score
A FEW WORDS IN RESPONSE FROM EVAN AT BIMMER BROTHERS....

Hello all you CS fans and Bimmerphiles,

It seems that I have received some negative press here to which I would like to respond with my side of at least one "story" posted here.

First off, what about the dozens upon dozens of really satisfied appreciating new owners with whom I have dealt over the years? I would be more than pleased to pass on some names and numbers of some of these folks, many of which I have shared the pleasure of multiple car transactions, assisting them in acquiring their "next" specimen and marketing their existing example. Many of these people will confirm my openness of information and my desire to match the right car with the most appropriate owner.

I am quite shocked specifically by the post from one Dan K. the coupe who says here[/b] "Caveat Emptor - BUYER BEWARE. Do not buy without a personal inspection, do not listen to what the buyer says, use the utmost caution at every stage of a transaction. Spoken from painful experience, very painful."

In my opinion this is absolute hogwash THOUGH I will let you make your own judgements after I type a few FACTS here. Before I do that though, I will ask the community here "What is his reputation"? I just spoke with three CS/CSi/CSL owners for whom I have the utmost respect as knowledgeable and quite personable individuals who, when mentioning coupeguy's name, begin ranting multiple expletives into the receiver. I, personally have NEVER heard a single positive word about this man and ESPECIALLY after hearing what he has to say about his experience with me and Bimmer brothers will NEVER do business with him again!

With that said.... within the last 12 months, I sold to Mr Koturov one black 1974 BMW 3.0CSi, which he then modified, enhanced and resold within a few months of its acquisition for approximately twice the purchase price from me.

Now, a bit of the history of this car: A repeat east coast client of mine acquired it from Ebay Motors from Michael Morris of Morris Motors in the Sacramento, CA. area [I highly recommend this man for both his skill and integrity by the way]. He was selling it for one of his service clients.

Post purchase I inspected the car for my client and he decided for a variety of reasons it would not be the best car for his needs in Atlanta [mainly no air conditioning]. I then remarketed the car for my client and sold to another client who a week later upraded to another more beautifully restored E9 CS. [I will note here that he purchased the car via four photographs and accompanying description by me and was thrilled with his purchase]. You can see the link here to the full set of photos which he received AFTER his purchase: http://picasaweb.google.com/evanesterman/1973BMW30CS02#
I then [re]remarketed this black CSi. See this photo link to it as advertised at this point: http://picasaweb.google.com/evanesterman/1974BMW30CSi#

After several phone and email conversations, Dan agreed to purchase this CSi. NOTE, to supply as much information and comfort level for purchase of this car [a] I eagerly gave him the phone number of Michael Morris with whom he spoke to get the inside mechanic eye view of the car AND it was revealed to Dan what the car originally sold for. I enlisted a full pre-purchase inspection on the car at Topline Automobile for the original Atlanta buyer. [c] I kindly offered and faxed this report to Dan for his review prior to purchase. [d] he was also quite welcome to have a third opinion of the car!

After honoring his request to install a more correct set of 14" factory wheels, his trucker picked up the car for delivery to him. After he received the car at his facility I HEARD NOT A WORD GOOD OR BAD ABOUT HIS SATISFACTION WITH THE CAR! No acknowledgemant whatsoever that he received the car until a fellow CSi owner alerted me to its reposting on his web site. It looks like he did a nice job on it and I do recall him telling me he had the perfect interior for it. See this link: http://www.coupeguy.com/apps/photos/album.jsp?albumID=1232220.

Hey, I have no problem selling a car to someone else for resale. That is what I do, BUT to then bad mouth me here on this forum without ever having said a word to me about it? That does not feel right to me but, well, you decide!

And yes, I do have a few neat examples of CSs and other classics [and some newer stuff too]. The really rare and quite unique Golf yellow CS has been advertised off and on over the last couple of years. It is my personal car and frankly only want it to go to a super appreciative new owner. Unlike some folks out there I REALLY love these cars especially the California examples like this one. Check out this link for the overview and feel free to call me directly at 650-307-2251. http://picasaweb.google.com/evanesterman?showall=true#100 Also...a new exciting twist to these classic BMWs is in progess and will be announcing soon.

And..Happy Motoring! Evan

pj

Reaction score
Boy ,oh ,Boy I am getting the popcorn for this one.
Both Dan and Evan provide a service for us the coupe buying public and do it for money. Like any car purchase you should get a ppi, I would not use one the dealer has a relationship with. I am not defending or endorsing either of the guys but they are a valuable asset to our community. They are on the Business end of coupedom , I wish them both well and hope that if I have to do business with them that I get treated with respect and get value for money, I do not think that is to much to ask for.

Ok boys no kicking ,Biting or Butting

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, the white one is nice. BTW, what is a Dave Cruz engine?

tiico

Reaction score
I've seen Bimmer Brothers JUNK!! DO NOT BUY!!!

JUNK
JUNK
JUNK
JUNK
JUNK
JUNKJUNK
JUNK
JUNKJUNK

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Arde said:
Wow, the white one is nice. BTW, what is a Dave Cruz engine?
Dave was a tuner builder in the Bay Area/Nor Cal area. Very good at what he did and an upstanding pre-internet and pre-checkbook-racers CCA racing supporter. Deceased at least 6 or 8 years ago in an airplane accident, I think he was out in the valley or up towards Sac-town by then, I knew him decades ago in Oakland. I do not know if he would approve or appreciate use of his name by Evan years or maybe more than a decade after the build. And I think anyone who knew Dave back in the day would be saavy enough to know where (else) to shop, even for a rare-as-hen's-teeth-rapidly-appreciating-one-of-the-100-most-beautiful-cars-ever coupe.

WOW that black 2000 has appreciated about 30% in like a month! WOW.

No one here bought it at 9k (Evan didn't either) Now someone here will pay 11.9? I don't think so, Tim

d1a331c6b60a9eec35bde713a4d2f18b.jpg

Note to RonP : THIS shit ruins a hobby....

Thats MY '02 cents worth

coupe2800cs

Reaction score
Dave Cruz...

One thing is for sure Dave Cruz was an interesting animal this is for sure. Does anyone know if someone acquired his collection of stuff? I am looking for the retro NITRO dragster that hung from the ceiling rafters of the shop in Oakland, now that is a real gem....

All coupes are worth something, but I think I have think I have seen almost all these cars at one point or the other, no matter how much heart, and soul you put into one of these pieces they are still only worth what someone will pay for them. Bottom line if you feel they are worth that much, you should keep them, hand them down to your children, that is if they can appreciate such time pieces... Now I did see an absolutely beautiful silver 2000cs model coupe on e-bay a while back in the Chicago area, that car still has me thinking??? I like the Chomnix car though I don't think I have seen this one before, but 40k would virtually empty my 401k right now, maybe I can just settle for a nice runner builder????

chicane

Reaction score
Re: Dave Cruz...

coupe2800cs said:
All coupes are worth something, but I think I have think I have seen almost all these cars at one point or the other, no matter how much heart, and soul you put into one of these pieces they are still only worth what someone will pay for them.

That's very insightful :roll:
If I had a dime for every time someone on this board said "these cars are still only worth what someone will pay for them".....I could pay for an Alpina coupe.

atan888

Reaction score
That was my black 2000cs. Its now sold but that was a solid complete example of an original euro 2000cs. Its far from being considered a junk. Evan has sold 2 of my vintage BMWs besides this black CS and I was very satisfied . :)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Re: Dave Cruz...

chicane said:
coupe2800cs said:
All coupes are worth something, but I think I have think I have seen almost all these cars at one point or the other, no matter how much heart, and soul you put into one of these pieces they are still only worth what someone will pay for them.

That's very insightful :roll:
If I had a dime for every time someone on this board said "these cars are still only worth what someone will pay for them".....I could pay for an Alpina coupe.

Not really. Trade takes place when an item is worth more to the buyer than to the seller, so both of them win with a transaction. The absence of transactions may actually prove that the items are worth a lot to the owners, therefore they are not willing to trade. A rejected offer is no indication that an item is worth that little, au contraire mon ami.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
atan888 said:
That was my black 2000cs. Its now sold but that was a solid complete example of an original euro 2000cs.

True, it did look nice, from the raingutters down. The Webasto strucktural hole is also, well...unique. In your offers to various forum readers (ostensably "true fans") you couldn't get the 9 you were asking, right? And the eBay offering didn't look like it would get there either, right?

Has Evan done anything to the car to justify the 30% markup since you had it...two months ago? Replacing that roof would justify the markup. Doing nothing except relisting it does not.

Cool cars aside, marketing at inflated prices to the general public does nothing good for any concept of "hobby" that damn near anyone on this list would have. Most of the fans of our coupes do a better job with their vitrual racing creations anyway. Perish the thought someone would think that webasto roofed CS was a hot 12 k$ racer and get themselves crossed up in some twisties and get body-flexed down some canyon.

Its a sad day when the guys who s/b wearing plaid sportcoats to work get defense from "hobbiests"

atan888

Reaction score
Thanks to Ebay. I actually got a trade thats worth a lot more than I asked for. It was the first time for me to post anything on Ebay. Regarding the mark up it's obvious. Evan does this for profit. It's his business. I wanted at least 9k for my coupe and whatever he makes is his profit. He markets the car , talks to buyers , takes care of delivery , answers questions and more. And even if he marks it for 13k. Do you actually think someone would pay the full 13k for it ? I doubt it especially at this economy? And I know I would not give the car for anything less than 9k. I dont think he would do all the leg work for free neither. Well thats his talent and thats how he makes a living. I really dont see anything wrong with that. 7 eleven does not need to justify why they sell thier goods twice the price of Costco.I'm not here to deffend nor endorse Evan I just wanted to share my experience doing business with him. And regarding your comment with the webasto roof . I and the new owner thinks it's a cool thing. What makes you think that this specific coupe should be a race car w/ a 130hp ? Not everyone who owns or admires the E9 coupe transforms them to race/track cars. For me if I wanted a race/track car I would buy or build myself the proper race/track car. Sorry I'm not here to offend you Mr. DP it's just my 2 cents.

Also this message is for you Evan. I've been reading your previous posts and I see that that a lot of members here do love you. What are you doing here by posting more cars for sale :?: Its like throwing a cat in a dogpound. Bro I like you as a person and do yourself a favor. Stick with Ebay. :idea:

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
atan888 said:
Thanks for the kind remark :D

anytime

welcome aboard

(and for those who don't click on links):

wiki said:
A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services ... who pretends no association to the seller...and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services .... Shills are often employed by confidence artists...."Shill" can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, they would be an implicit "shill" for the industry at large, as their income is tied to its prosperity