Reaction score
I wouldn’t...

I like BMW gear on:

• Individuals 25 years old or less
  • BMW staff
  • Current/Former race drivers
  • Models
  • Motorcycle operators on/near their motorcycle

I was going to make some witty comment about how we are all probably none of those things. Then realised I'm wearing a 1975-79 CSL Touring Championship T-shirt..

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not that far away from hitting 40 years of running almost every day. I used to take running for granted but now feel blessed every time I hit the trail or the treadmill. To keep everything from falling apart, I have to run with carbon fibre orthotics and stabilizing running shoes. Asics Kayanos do the trick, they are very expensive and I've probably had 30 pairs of them in every color. Here's my last pair which are pretty close the MotorSports colors.

IMG_2219.jpg

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm not that far away from hitting 40 years of running almost every day. I used to take running for granted but now feel blessed every time I hit the trail or the treadmill. To keep everything from falling apart, I have to run with carbon fibre orthotics and stabilizing running shoes. Asics Kayanos do the trick, they are very expensive and I've probably had 30 pairs of them in every color. Here's my last pair which are pretty close the MotorSports colors.

View attachment 81085
My daughter, "Car Girl" who will inherit my coupe would stay 10 paces behind if I dared.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
My daughter, "Car Girl" who will inherit my coupe would stay 10 paces behind if I dared.

Hey, I don't pick them. :) Asics changes the colors on Kayanos every year or sooner, some of them are pretty ugly. I have buy a new pair six months or so, I take what I can get. These just happened to be white with red, purple, and blue.

I'm already on to my next pair in a new color scheme.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey, I don't pick them. :) Asics changes the colors on Kayanos every year or sooner, some of them are pretty ugly. I have buy a new pair six months or so, I take what I can get. These just happened to be white with red, purple, and blue.

I'm already on to my next pair in a new color scheme.
It's not just the color.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score

Ok Steve, at this point - I give up. If it's not the color, your daughter would stay 10 paces behind if you did what? Put on a pair of running shoes and go out for a jog?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok Steve, at this point - I give up. If it's not the color, your daughter would stay 10 paces behind if you did what? Put on a pair of running shoes and go out for a jog?

@CSteve tends to unintentionally quote replies. I suspect that he is referring to the original BMW shoes, not your specific running shoes.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@CSteve tends to unintentionally quote replies. I suspect that he is referring to the original BMW shoes, not your specific running shoes.
Right Markos, thanks. Yes, it is the original BMW shoes. In my opinion they are ugly. Just my taste. No offense meant. I guess I assume readers are following the thread, forgetting that others interject points not related.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well I suppose I’ll have to eat crow. My son picked out a BMW hat for me for Christmas. I’m officially that middle-aged guy with the BMW hat now.

:cool:

I wouldn’t...

I like BMW gear on:

• Individuals 25 years old or less
  • BMW staff
  • Current/Former race drivers
  • Models
  • Motorcycle operators on/near their motorcycle