Coupe PS Pump

Jahan

Reaction score
I am tying to use the newer bracket 12311708343 on my 3.5 engine (1985 Block with CSI head) for both Alternator & Power Steering pump. When using the original coup PS pump, the PS pulley and Crank Pulley do not line up. I was told to use a later PS Pump. Does anyone know which pump I should use?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When I did my b35 (1988 block) I used my original brackets for Alt and PS (including the pump) and everything lines up.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris I used the original bracket, pump, and alternator too.

@Jahan why are you trying to use a different bracket? Are you trying to upgrade the alternator?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Use the later PS bracket on the pump- it’s offset. Should work!
B17B4790-C2F6-4AF3-B5E9-154AE9801AF4.jpeg

Jahan

Reaction score
Chris I used the original bracket, pump, and alternator too.

@Jahan why are you trying to use a different bracket? Are you trying to upgrade the alternator?
I am running the power steering pump directly from the crank pulley. with the newer braced it is much easier to adjust, tighten & replace the belts.
I jus saw the Interior 7 Downtown LA photoshoot. Very nice . What color is the interior. where were the seat covers bought from ?I like to do the same with my Biakal 3.5 CSI Turbo.
Thanks a lot
Jahan

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am running the power steering pump directly from the crank pulley. with the newer braced it is much easier to adjust, tighten & replace the belts.
I jus saw the Interior 7 Downtown LA photoshoot. Very nice . What color is the interior. where were the seat covers bought from ?I like to do the same with my Biakal 3.5 CSI Turbo.
Thanks a lot
Jahan

The interior is a Rolls-Royce color called Ardent Red. The seats were refinished by Juan Ortiz in Costa Mesa, California. The upholstery was not done from a kit, it was constructed using proper patterns from decunstructed seats.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Jahan - I met Juan at the "reveal" for Mike's coupe. The workmanship on Mike's interior is outstanding, and the color is stunning in person.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You'll need the other little offset bracket as well to mount to the rear of the PS pump. This set up makes adjustment easy and it holds the belt tension better than the original CS bracket (which always seemed to twist the alternator when snugged up).

Yes, the color of Mike's coupe interior is very nice.

IMG_0752.jpg
IMG_0752.jpg
IMG_0782.jpg
IMG_0937.jpg

Jahan

Reaction score
The interior is a Rolls-Royce color called Ardent Red. The seats were refinished by Juan Ortiz in Costa Mesa, California. The upholstery was not done from a kit, it was constructed using proper patterns from decunstructed seats.
Thanks of the info. How about the door panels are they custom made?

Jahan

Reaction score
You'll need the other little offset bracket as well to mount to the rear of the PS pump. This set up makes adjustment easy and it holds the belt tension better than the original CS bracket (which always seemed to twist the alternator when snugged up).

Yes, the color of Mike's coupe interior is very nice.

View attachment 44529View attachment 44529 View attachment 44530 View attachment 44531
Thanks a lot. Which PS pump is in the picture, original CS or a later style?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
that all looks like the later B35?

Interesting AC bracketry too. Is that a Sanden? If so, those brackets are interesting for sure.