Coupe Survivors

Bill Cutler

Reaction score
Further to the earlier post on this subject, many of the text books state that there were only 207 RH drive CSi coupes made. I have #4350020 making mine number 20 of these cars. Only a few were imported to Australia.
Any thoughts on RHD CSi survivors ???

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
i have a RHD csi - in london. my chassis number is 4350064 - one of the later versions as it has a factory fitted black vinyl roof

christopher

matthewp

Reaction score
hi bill, only 207 updated rhd 30csi's were built mine is 142. there were a lot more earlier rhd csi,s between july 71 and oct 73 built. we lost one of the 207 in a bush fire 2 years ago. ian crane (autologic) has got one done in melbourne, i believe in total there were 28 old and new csi's that were aust delievered. no csl's. cheers matthew

Malc

Reaction score
207??? Is that the number imported into Australia? as I thought a lot more RHD cars were built.

Continuing the saga I have a request put in for more detailed into regarding UK cars, but the guy's on holiday till next week so hopefully hear more later in the month

Malc

Bill Cutler

Reaction score
Further reading suggests that the 207 RHD CSi's were "late" models with the horizontal seat pleats and the black centre grille, ie '74 '75 '76. It appears that the RHD CSi's built prior to this were not accurately accounted for in BMW figures. My car was sold new in Australia, not imported later, hence the relative lack of rust compared with English cars that were driven on salted roads..... It's interesting to hear that only 28 or 30 cars were sold in Aust. this way.
You would think this sort of rarity would be reflected in the prices...???
My coupe is nearly complete after 3 year bare metal resto, only needs dyno tuning and bumpers!