CoupeFest -Corral August 14th Monterey CA BMW CCA Concours

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Full press release details are below.

For Coupes we will have a dedicated corral at this event. Register after Feb. 1. Cost is $50 per car.

This event returns to a GREEN GRASS venue very similar to Quail Lodge. This time on the fairways of Rancho Canada Golf Course in Carmel Valley.

If you have Corral related questions please contact Paul Cain at [email protected] or Tom Rakestraw at [email protected]

For general questions regarding the event please contact Wayne Wundram at [email protected]

To register for the event and current updates, visit www.cccbmwcca.org.

January 21, 2009

For Immediate Release

Central California Chapter BMW CCA
Visalia, CA

The Central California Chapter of the BMW CCA has announced their intentions to host The BMW CCA West Coast Summer Concours on Friday, August 14, 2009 in the Monterey-Carmel Valley area. The all day event will be held at the Rancho Canada Golf Course located on Carmel Valley Road just east of California Hwy 1 in Carmel California.

This Concours kicks-off the BMW CCA Festorics weekend held annually during the third week of each August. The Central California Chapter is excited to play host at one of most beautiful locations in Carmel -the breathtaking fairways of the Rancho Canada’s West Course. The event will be limited to two hundred cars and will include a parking corral area (on the grass) for those registered but not participating in the judging activities. This new venue is the perfect backdrop for both low stress picnicers or serious concours competitors vying for a place in one of the nine Concours categories. All entrants are encouraged to bring their own picnic baskets and beverages. Additionally, box lunches will also be available at 12:00 PM in the display area.

The “Monterey Weekend” is famous for bringing together the finest in motorsports and classic cars. As one of the largest gatherings of BMWs on the West Coast, this Concours offers participants the ultimate venue to enjoy the finest in rare and classic BMWs.

Additional attractions may include wine tasting, a silent auction for a local charity and several guest speakers and celebrity judges. There will be additional vendors and displays on site.

The event will begin with registration at 7:00 A.M. Cars will be placed on the field at 8:00 A.M., judging will begin promptly at 10:00 A.M. and the awards ceremony will begin at 1:00 P.M. The event will last until 3:00 P.M. Cost of the event is $50 per car through July 1st, $75 thereafter.

jmackro

Reaction score
pj: I don't think the Rancho Canada Golf Course event is part of the Concorso. The Concorso website says nothing about their 2009 event - certainly nothing about a change in location. If they have secured a grassy, Carmel Valley location for the '09 Concorso, they would be foolish not to be publicizing it.

Paul: I am not currently a BMWCCA member - is membership required for participants? How do I go about joining (probably go to their website, and hit the "join" button)? Does it matter what CCA chapter I affiliate with in order to participate in the August events? Will the CCA also be organizing a Coupe corral at Laguna Seca on Saturday this year?

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
not part of concorso

This is a standalone bmw event. The central calif chapter is not going to Concorso this year.

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
jmackro,
Yes it is necessary to be a member of the CCA, Any chapter. As this is a REGIONAL event as santioned by the national office of the CCA, then the central cal chapter will be taking members from all over the US. Hope to see you there!

Paul

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
corral at the track - most likely yes

Each year the Golden Gate chapter guys organize the parking so all the coupes get in one or two rows. Last year we got the front row. (age has some benefits!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not Concorso

Definitely not part of Concorso. There are rumors that even the Ferrari and Lambo guys are planning separate events. This event will be more like the ones Carl Nelson organized twenty years ago. Paul worked with the Central Valley guys to secure two fairways at Rancho Canada, no more Marina Airport asphalt ever again, and only 1/3 the cost. The GG chapter will still organize the Festorics at Laguna Seca. Hope to se everyone there.

Chris

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This makes me want to come down from Seattle- Especially now that I have the CS. I have considered coming down with the 02 but the 2800 just adds to the interest now. My wife might even like these activities.. hehe

FYI - I grew up in the Monterey area and used to go to the Historics and Concours every year till the late 80's. I sure do miss them.

Now - what is my work schedule looking like....????
Ummm...

:wink:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Monterey BMW Summer Concours

I see that registration is now available for this outstanding event on August 14th at Rancho Canada Country Club in Carmel Valley. The Central California guys put an amazing amount of time and energy into this annual event and everyone who attends has a great time. And this year we are back on the fairways, no more Marina Airport tarmac! Visit Laguna Seca on Saturday and ejoys the Historics (or Festorics if you prefer).

http://www.cccbmwcca.org/BMW/BMW_CCA_West_Coast_Summer_Concours.html

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Early arrivers on Thursday / possible 17 mile drive

If any of you are arriving on Thursday night I know Rakestraw is itching to do a drive around Monterey. An informal drive around the 17 mile drive loop or Carmel can also easily be arranged.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
registration

tj,

You can do it the old fashioned way and send the form with a check via mail, fax it in with CC info or use the Motorsportreg site which the GG chapter also uses for the Festorics.

The Central Cal chapter is requesting that attendees sign up now and not wait, they really need to know how many owners to expect.

atan888

Reaction score
I dont think my E9 will make it but I will be there with my 2002 turbo and the E30 M3. See you guys there.

shanon

Reaction score
Howdy Coupers,

So, is this picnic full?? Website said 'sold out'.
Anybody rolling down early Thursday AM from da Bay?

I guess I'll be the "Concours Crasher".... ;-)

Any info appreciated, see ya'll there hopefully.
I'm up for the thursday nite cruise....

-shanon
'70 2800cs Alpina tribute #64

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
18 Coupes are Registered for Concours / Need an E9 Board Photographer

We have 18 Coupes registered for the event. We will be asking all those attending to join us for a group photo.

If you are going and you own and know how to operate a nice high res. camera it would be great for you to speak up. Please contact me at: [email protected].

The plan would be to place some nice detailed images on our site after, for those not able to attend.

Many thanks,

Paul Cain

shanon

Reaction score
Hhmmm...

Might be a good opportunity for another installment of:

"The Fastest Windows in the West"....

Door windows only, start from down position, all the way up, and back down again.
Your choice of side, motor can be running, power and manual classes.

BTW: Timing and Scoring has a new stopwatch.

-shanon

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
slowest windows in the West Competition

Shanon has unknowingly just volunteered to be the stop watch judge for this competition.

For those new to the board; the original coupefest gatherings had a stopwatch competition to see who had the slowest lifting windows. This was in the early 1990's.

The old record as I recall is about 21 seconds.

With 15 more years of caked grease I am confident this record will be broken on Friday.

Shannon are you up to the challenge?