Coupeguy

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
My primary concern is to help owners keep the E9 marque on the road, there are way too many that are falling out due to unrepairable rust as time takes its toll. However, no matter what you do there is no way to make everyone happy. I treat people as I am treated but some like scotteyouknowwho do not seem to know how to treat a person with respect and professionalism. Anyway, glad to help any of you folks, almost any. Funny thing about human nature, some will go out of their way to bad mouth someone, while others will do the same to help or thank someone. Think about it scott.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As I said in an earlier post, my dealings with Dan have always been positive. I do remember some threads where people like matthewp above wrote about problems with Dan. And I think Dan jumped into the fray. I don't remember how things were resolved.

Steve

pamp

Reaction score
Had a minor issue with an NLA bit, Dan provided, electrical. He went over the top to make it right. Always a good source.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
He helped me arrange logistics for getting a car and a bunch of big parts (not his car or parts) from Colorado to Florida. The regular carriers will not haul extra parts that do not fit in the car (like doors/body parts). I needed someone who would do it, and he found me one. Dan's fee--zero. So, Dan, thank you.

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a coupeguy Fiberglas air dam, the street csl version he sels for $390. I didn't use it on my car since my mechanic and I decided it would take to long to wrestle it onto the car and prep it to look good once painted. I ended up using an air dam made by Marcus up in Toronto from a mold made from an original. It fit perfectly.
coupeguy wouldn't take his back (I let him know right awayabout the fitment problems )and I'm left with it.
If anyone in western New York or southern Ontario wants it, I'll sell it for $100.
Pickup only,
ElRey

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
curious to know what the issue is ... i have the 6er air dam from coupeguy on my coupe ... looks good. the only fit issue is that the driver side is a bit longer than the wheel well - sure i could fix it if i wanted to ... but its not bad enough to worry about. i love the look of the the 6er look.

so please describe what the issue is

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dave,

mine is like the green coupe. the 635 style. if the installer had centered it from the start rather than starting on one side and going to the other side it would have fit even better. its only obvious when you look at the wheel arches.

but i have had no issues with the air dam or installation in 3 years.
hopefully we will see you at sharkfest
scott

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wheel well fitment was a problem as I remember. Sure we could have spent a day plus wrestling it onto the car as well as more time shaping and prepping it for paint. I just figured Why not start with a better air dam at the beginning. I was not pleased that Dan would not stand behind his product. He responded in "ALL SALES FINAL" in an extra large font in his email, as if I was hard of reading.
I need to post my list of vendor reviews since during the project I have dealt with a bunch of them. Most are pretty amazing and can be found here (Stan, Peter, Bluedevil, Orangener, etc)
A few others. . . Notsomuch
Elrey

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the wheel well alignment is the only thing that doesn't fit perfectly on mine - seems that its at its worse on the drivers side. i figured the installer started on the passenger side and didn't get it centered properly. one of these days i will get it cut down and fit better at the wells. but the rest of it looks great and fits great.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Yup, that's my coupe pictured with the 635 airdam. Dan asked if I had a pic he could use, after it was installed so, I sent him a couple.

The spoiler does not fit out of the box. Adjustments are required for the length. My initial body guy, Lawrence Charlemagne, centered it and made adjustments shaping the fiber glass on each end of the spoiler, that terminated in the wheel well area.

I've had no problems for several years, but during a recent refresh, Coupeking has improved the fit.

So...there are options with good body resources.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Coupeguy airdam special blowout sale

Different geography- I too have a Coupeguy street CSL airdam that I will not be using for the same reasons. It's never been mounted and will need the same prep work mentioned. I can deliver to New England area for $100.

E mail at b3pt0cs(at)earthlink(dot)net

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
That's hilarious that Dan has all these customers who want to return parts. Not for the customers (I'm sorry), but because he once complained when he bought a set of CSL fender flares from me for dirt cheap, that had been cut to fit on rolled front fenders. I'm glad I didn't take those back after knowing at the time how he treats his customers...

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I mounted one of coupeguy's 635 style air dams a few years ago. I love the look but the install took me forever.

Here's the thread...

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7137

After I posted it, Dan sent me a scathing pm and told me to never do business with him again. I guess he can afford to 'fire' his customers.

Attachments

• 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Why didn't anyone leave feedback of their poor experiences to save others from making the same mistake? I think people fear retribution, especially from vendors that are active in the coupe community.

UPDATE:

I seem to be one of the people also as I just realized the reproduction Italian side lenses that I had bought last year and was so unhappy with were from Coupeguy. The orange looked like it was painted on with a highlighter, very uneven in color and the line between clear and orange was not even straight. He did take the lenses back and gave me a refund but his final email wasn't the nicest.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Why didn't anyone leave feedback of their poor experiences to save others from making the same mistake? I think people fear retribution, especially from vendors that are active in the coupe community.

UPDATE:

I seem to be one of the people also as I just realized the reproduction Italian side lenses that I had bought last year and was so unhappy with were from Coupeguy. The orange looked like it was painted on with a highlighter, very uneven in color and the line between clear and orange was not even straight. He did take the lenses back and gave me a refund but his final email wasn't the nicest.

i have the italian lenses from coupeguy on my coupe, and mine look great ... perhaps there is significant variation in the manufacturing process. i dunno.

that being said, if others have issues ... then collectively it needs to be discussed. that's what makes vendors better - to understand the situation. the downside for people who have things made (reproductions) is that they don't make them in-house, so even if they buy them from the same group - and that group might not have the best quality control. and that fit is a hard thing to verify when you receive a new batch of parts. not making excuses here ... i've been thru that in hotel furniture. what we don't want is the alternative - that fewer people will offer these parts. i would recommend that we start a series of posts about where people get good parts / items for our coupes ...

we know about internet orders for BMW parts - Tomkinson, Penske, etc. we know about Carl Nelson springs + sway bars ... Korman's are also good
we know about many things that Coupeking makes / has made for our cars (exhaust, gaskets, etc).

lets talk in positives ... this will make everybody raise their game.