Coupes going to The Vintage in NC Oct 24, 2020? Event CANCELLED

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Let me know if you are going or are interested in going to The Vintage near Asheville NC Oct 24.

Link- has info on location and registration and hotels. The Clarion is sold out and has been since last December.

24th is the main day but I am going up on Thursday the 22. Back to Atlanta on the 25.

Steve in NO is going and may stay at my house on the way. I'm sure Andrew and Bo are going. Maybe Dohn? Others are welcome.
I have a few guys in my area that can bring other cars but own a coupe and I can probably persuade them to bring their 2800's. Don, George and Phil.

Please list you name here and where you are coming from and let's see how many we get.
I know a guy to arrange it so we can all park together.

Gary Beck
Peachtree Corners, GA

Last edited:

dbower

Reaction score
I'm going. On the fence about what to drive. At one time, Scott Sturdy talked about featuring weird 2002's this year and mine surely qualifies. Dunno if that is still in the works or not.

Don

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I hope to go if my Coupe is complete and road-worthy. The Turkis paint is buffed and now the reassembly has started. I would be driving from Ft' Lauderdale area. I need to register again once I know the car will be ready.

Attachments

• IMG_1600(1).jpg
    IMG_1600(1).jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1602(1).jpg
    IMG_1602(1).jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1603(1).jpg
    IMG_1603(1).jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 149

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Im still working on my wife letting me go, we will have a couple week old twins. If I go I will probably trailer up the e9 or 02 and go there and back same day. It would just be easier on my dad and I in the truck and trailer doing that much driving.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
7/30/2020
Some of you I know and some I do not at least not by your handles on here.
Here's who has said they are going.
Please add your name if I don't know you.

Me- Gary Beck
Phil Parkey
Steve Armstrong
Chris Ohmes
Don Bower- which car?
Luis Arrizo
George Whitley -maybe
Doug Dolan ?
Wayne Killen ?
Drew Gregg - if his car is together.
Jeff Baker
Bo Gray- should have known, you're local.
Chris Schroeder

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
7/30/2020

Me- Gary Beck
Phil Parkey
Steve Armstrong
Chris Ohmes
Don Bower- which car?
Luis Arrizo
George Whitley -maybe
Doug Dolan ?
Wayne Killen ?
Jeff Baker

Bo Gray

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
7/30/2020

Me- Gary Beck
Phil Parkey
Steve Armstrong
Chris Ohmes
Don Bower- which car?
Luis Arrizo
George Whitley -maybe
Doug Dolan ?
Wayne Killen ?
Jeff Baker
Chris Schroeder

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone got the email notice about the location change of The Vintage. Not at all surprised as NC has been one of the stronger Covid enforcers.

Here is the info from the website.
Still planning to go.
Great show at the Foundation that we should all be able to see.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!

With North Carolina still in 'Phase 2", that means the chance for an outdoor event in NC is impossible.

THE GOOD NEWS :) , I met with the BMW plant in Greer, SC and they have come to the rescue and offered up space to have The Vintage 2020 on Oct. 24th! South Carolina is giving exceptions for outdoor events that can conform to their current guidelines (social distancing, masks, etc) . I just have to submit a special form to the SC Department of Commerce. So we are a "GO".

The venue only has room for about 500 cars , plus sponsor tents, vendors, and food trucks, so I have put a cap on registration and there are only a few spots left. If you have a friend who wants to register, tell them to hurry, and if it is full, still register so they will be on the waitlist.

If you have hotel reservations at The Clarion , Fairfield, or other hotels near the Clarion in Fletcher, NC , do not cancel them. At this time we are still planning on Friday evening registration in that area. If you had hotel reservations near Mountain Air in Burnsville, you will need to cancel those. I will hopefully have some suggested hotels near the new venue at the BMW plant in Greer, SC soon.

Stay tuned for more info.

Last edited: