Crome exhaust tip

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
those fit but are a little shorter than the bmw version, 70mm vs. 100mm, if it matters to you.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
those fit but are a little shorter than the bmw version, 70mm vs. 100mm, if it matters to you.

According to my math the one advertised above is 80mm. Still too short but whatever. The inner diameter is 57mm so it should slide into a 60mm exhaust.

I bought the chrome one from the "parts is parts" ad on here. It is too loose to run on my 55mm 2800CS exhaust, which I kind of expected.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
According to my math the one advertised above is 80mm. Still too short but whatever. The inner diameter is 57mm so it should slide into a 60mm exhaust.

I bought the chrome one from the "parts is parts" ad on here. It is too loose to run on my 55mm 2800CS exhaust, which I kind of expected.

how can a tip with inner diameter 57 slide into a 60 mm diameter exhaust ?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
2 1/2" equals 63.5mm, 3 1/4" equals 82.55, close but not quite right.

Ugh I read that as 2.25". I assumed that due to the dimple design it would slide on tight, but 3mm would have been optimistic.

I bet that the overall diameter is 63mm and the dimples knock it down to 60mm. The whole point was that it was 80mm long but that was lost in the bad math.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok, If you really want a longer one, that seller has one that's 7 inches long for $8 more. You'll have to trim it to make your 100mm length, but it's stainless, so it not like you are messing up the chrome job.
I'm thinking of getting one for my 2800CS. I'll have to either weld on a larger mild steel tip to take it, or wrap a bit of steel around the existing pipe to bring up the diameter. Easy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911...m1e724f6934:m:mrR8Z5RrSmR9gHDMclOb-oQ&vxp=mtr

Ian

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got one for my '74. The dimples are a little deep. Can't push the tip on to the pipe far enough to get a tight fit. Should I use a 5lb sledge with a board and really whack it, or shave the dimples a couple of mms, or drill a hole and use a set screw?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd first try shaving some with a Dremel, if you hit it as is on you'll never get it back off.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Curious which one is best for my CoupeKing exhaust. I think chrome tip will look awesome.

Doesn't the CK exhaust already have a polished end? Either way, a 60mm tip won't fit...

P1020636-900.jpg

floridabmx

Reaction score
I have one of those Porsche eBay tips on my 2” tailpipe and fit perfect as well. Theres dimples on it so you just hit it on with a mallet.