Cs air cleaner

Bejoe16

Reaction score
d494f272cbfc5642645137184b96d19c.jpg
200$ plus shipping. located in Albany Ga. more pics on request

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skb

Reaction score
Hi. Is this air cleaner still for sale? Complete price with shipping to Washington state?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i would think that the lack of response is a polite indicator that your price expectations might be a bit high.

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think you are right Scott, I also have one for 71 with brand new air filters, $150.00 shipped. do not want to step on any one's toe!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
autowerks, you have the later version that has the full clip from rods ... not the early 2800cs strap tops (like Bejoe has) - that one is generally considered to be more rare and valuable. when you look at the pics of Stan's hood on the gr8white, you will see the later cleaner housing.

dsc_0232-jpg.31157

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan has the correct 3.0CS housing with wire clips and no hole for air flap. Only the 2800CS has the rubber plug and solid clips for the lid.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan has the correct 3.0CS housing with wire clips and no hole for air flap. Only the 2800CS has the rubber plug and solid clips for the lid.
oops, i got it backward ... too many things rattling around in the fog. thanks for keeping us straight

Bejoe16

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the responses. I wasn't sure where to price this at. What would a fair price be that's actually worth my time to box it up and take a trip to FedEx?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think the part itself is worth 100 to 150 depending on condition - plus shipping. that is my guess. you have to remember, it has to be stripped and powder coated ... which has a cost to it.

Bejoe16

Reaction score
i think the part itself is worth 100 to 150 depending on condition - plus shipping. that is my guess. you have to remember, it has to be stripped and powder coated ... which has a cost to it.

I have a friend that can do this. I also have 5 of these. I considered getting all stripped and Powdercoated. I Wonder if there would be a market for that?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
can't answer that, i have and will continue to have injection. i sold my 2800cs air cleaner a while back. oh, supply + demand suggests that you never tell people how many you have ... just sell them 1 at a time. you should get information on what the correct color is for these. i don't know the answer to that question. i have seen dark ones and light ones. it may vary between the new styles and old styles ... and it might not.

Bejoe16

Reaction score
can't answer that, i have and will continue to have injection. i sold my 2800cs air cleaner a while back. oh, supply + demand suggests that you never tell people how many you have ... just sell them 1 at a time. you should get information on what the correct color is for these. i don't know the answer to that question. i have seen dark ones and light ones. it may vary between the new styles and old styles ... and it might not.

For the reason of not really knowing the market I'll hold back on getting them refinished. I would hate to invest in doing that and have them sit. The color would definitely be interesting to match. I've not known the colors to vary but I know very little on the subject. Maybe someone in the know can chime in?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
in a nutshell there are 2 - grayish and olive greenish.

For the reason of not really knowing the market I'll hold back on getting them refinished. I would hate to invest in doing that and have them sit. The color would definitely be interesting to match. I've not known the colors to vary but I know very little on the subject. Maybe someone in the know can chime in?